Woman falls asleep on Air India and flying "round-trip&

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman falls asleep on Air India and flying "round-trip&

An Indian Woman falls asleep onboard Air India flight from cochin to Doha. When she woke up, she founded out that the plane has returned to Cochin.

This 32y/o Woman who lives in a small village was on her first flight ever. She was flying to Doha to meet her Husband, who is a technician. She onboard Air India flight and falls asleep right away.

when she woke up on the next morning, she realised that the plane has returned to Cochin from Doha. This marks her "first plane trip".

Air India crews were embarassed not to woke her up. As a result, they gived her a free ticket to Doha on Mar 7.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

I don't think its true. firstly, embarrased or not, no flight crew would let a woman sleep in the plane after she has reached her destination. Secondly, do you actally expect me to believe that the woman slept all through the time that the aircraft was being cleaned (The insides are cleaned after each flight.) The interiors are cleaned with a vaccum, and you mean to tell me tht she slept right through it without waking up at all??

Then, if the flight was to fly back to cochin, it would have had to take off and land. U actually want us to believe that she did not wake up!!!!!!! So you mean to tell us that the woman slept for a period of about 8-9 hours through takeoff's, landings and cleanings, without waking up?!!!!!

Also, no airline would give a passenger a free ticket just because he/she was sleeping!!

Back up this story with some source where it can be checked out. Till then, it just looks like balderdash!!
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

When I rode Amtrak from Philly to Balt. There was a guy asleep. When we had pulled out of Philly he woke up and wanted to know when we would get to Philly. Everyone around him informed him that we had just passed philly. He talked to the conductor and the conducter told him to get off at Wilmington and he could ride back to Philly for free. the moral of this seemingly off topic story is that travel industries do give tickets. I guess this is the new philosiphy that people are customers not cattle.

Comment

AFAIK current regulations require all passengers to be awake during take-off and landing, just in case of the unexpected. On all my flights I saw cabin crew waking up everyone still sleeping shortly before landing.

Therefore I rather doubt that this women was really a sleep for both legs of this trip.

Regards,
        Peter

Comment

the moral of this seemingly off topic story is that travel industries do give tickets
          Weigh the cost of an Amtrak ticket with that of an Air India ticket!
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

It's pretty expensive to take Amtrak. Find me an Air India price for that flight and I'll get you an Amtrak price for my flight.

Comment

Here in YYT we had a woman sleep through the landing and take-off of AC860 YHZ-YYT-LHR back in December 2002.
              She had gotten on in YHZ planning to get off in YYT but had fallen asleep with the help of "medications", slept through the landing and take-off in YYT.
              She was an hour out over the Atlantic on her way to LHR when she realized where she was going. The woman got very upset and demanded the flight return to YYT. Captain said no. AC in LHR put her on the next flight to YYT, about three hours after arrival in LHR. She left YHZ at 10pm and arrived in YYT 1:30 pm the following day. Normally its a one hour thirty minute flight.
              AC offerred her a free return ticket for eastern Canada and a refund, she refused.

Comment

Working...
              X