Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKYTRAX - Cathay Pacific Are Airline Of The Year 2003

Hi,
    In the worlds' largest passenger survey, Cathay Pacific takes the Gold Award as Airline of the Year 2003 - just ahead of Emirates (Silver Award winner) and Singapore Airlines (Bronze Award winner).

Commenting on the results, Edward Plaisted of Skytrax ....

"as many airlines face even more precipitous times in 2003, I take pride in the fact this Survey serves as real recognition that some truly outstanding standards of passenger service are being provided, day in, day out by airlines around the world. I get to see many negative comments or criticisms made by unhappy airline customers, and it is great for the survey to provide a chance for customers to heap praise .... where praise is due"

Top 5 Airlines

1. Cathay Pacific Airways
    2. Emirates
    3. Singapore Airlines
    4. Malaysia Airlines
    5. QANTAS Airways

Do you agree? I think British Airways should be on there and QANTAS should be in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Looks like a good list.

Comment

Hi,

I think British Airways should be in there at 3rd at least.

Joe,
      | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Cathay Pacific in first place.....Good to hear. It's one of my favorite airlines and I fly on CX almost everywhere I go. Great service, great entertainment. Very comfortable. They deserve their spot.

Comment

From my past experience on BA I believe they should be near the end of the list, but then again, they may have improved.

The 4th rank for MAS seems to be justified, given my recent experience on them (see Flight Review Forum).

Nos. 1-3 are no real surprise, the are where they belong to. Can't comment on Qantas, but am rather surprised to see them 5th.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Yeah really, Qantas? Last time I flew on them was back in February. It was a B744 (HKG-SYD). No PTVs. But, the food wasn't bad and the crew are extremely friendly. I heard that some planes are progressively being fitted with PTVs and phones for every seat. That's good.

Comment

There is no big surprise under the first 5 airliners.
              I flown on Cathay and Singapore Airlines. Both have excellent servie and great IFE.
              How was Lufthansa rated? I think they must be in the top 10 or so.

Andy
              Andy

Comment

Cathay is by far the best airlines i've ever flown on. I've heard that Singapore Airlines and Emirates are very good too.

How about Virgin Atlantic; it's supposed to be quite good.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                X