New ORD service via LAX to MEL will start in March with the 747-400ER

http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/021128/15/356yw.html

Good news for ORD. [img]clap.gif[/img]
    Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
    Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Qantas expands. New service to ORD March 2003 MEL-LAX-ORD wi

So, Peter, now I can sail the smooth skies to ORD with the Boeing 747-400ER. That’s class! This will be connecting traffic only, no local traffic, eh?
    JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Yeah, I had a feeling that if given a choice between DFW or ORD, QF would definetly go for ORD.

Thomas
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

THOS -

Why ORD no DFW? I thought Aussies loved the Lone Star State as it is a la a their Outback?
        JR FlyingTexan

Comment

QF did order the 747-400ER to do a SYD-DFW route...oh well. I guess Dallas lost. Im a happy camper
          Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
          Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
          http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Joe,

I just don't think that QF would streatch their resources that thin. I mean with HNL, LAX, JFK and soon ORD on thier US route map, I just don't think that DFW is in the cards regardless of the Aussie's alleged luv of Texas.

A little off topic here but this is one reason I do not get too excited when I hear of a 'rumored' new air service into IAH. Right now there is a lot of buzz that PIA, QR and EK looking to start flights into Houston. So far there has been no official word that IAH is in any of these carriers future plans. Granted a few news stories have been released that these carriers have expressed an "interest in the Houston market", but that is a far cry from actually committing a service to said city. This was exactly the same thing coming from Qantas in regards to DFW. I never saw a firm commitiment to the Dallas/Ft.Worth market from QF, unlike the official release from QF to ORD. Let's face it ORD offers better int'l coonections than DFW.

Besides I want to see Qantas in Houston.......! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thomas

Comment

Thomas –

You said it best – “The only thing concrete at an airport is the runway.”

So, no Fort Worthless for the Longreach Kangaroo carrier? Now, will ORD be no local traffic, connecting traffic only?

I agree ORD offers FAR better international destinations than IAH – AA’s n/s to ARN (pre 9/11) is one of many examples.

(Yes, PolishAir42 Peter, ORD is better, but I will continue to sail the smooth skies to MDW with the 737-700 – think WN)
              JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Joe,

As for the reason they are flying to ORD, well I am inclined to believe that as you suggested they are very interested in their partner's (AA) hub and the wide selection of connections both int'l and domestic. So my guess would be that are most interested in connecting traffic as opposed to local o/d market. If they were really interested in ORD purely for it's o/d market, I believe that they would have started ORD ops years ago. One reason that they showed so much interest in DFW was their huge hub ops, again compared to ORD their is so little int'l traffic which was probably the motivating factor in chosing ORD over DFW.

Then again, who knows they may decide to do DFW as well.....stranger things have been known to happen!

Thomas

Comment

I would wait untill all the 747-400ER's are delivered
                  first before writing DFW off, the word down here is it
                  is still a goer.

Ian Sharp
                  Brisbane

Comment

Working...
                  X