Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a wing and a prayer

Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign

New Zealand Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Make Emergency Landing Next To Jesus Sign

WELLINGTON, New Zealand, May. 21, 2008

E-Mail Story

Print Story

Sphere

Text Size: A A A

(AP) It seemed like an almost literal answer to their prayers. When two New Zealand pilots ran out of fuel in a microlight airplane they offered prayers and were able to make an emergency landing in a field _ coming to rest right next to a sign reading, "Jesus is Lord."

Grant Stubbs and Owen Wilson, both from the town of Blenheim on the country's South Island, were flying up the sloping valley of Pelorus Sound when the engine spluttered, coughed and died.

"My friend and I are both Christians so our immediate reaction in a life-threatening situation was to ask for God's help," Stubbs told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

He said he prayed during the ill-fated flight Sunday that the tiny craft would get over the top of a ridge and that they would find a landing site that was not too steep _ or in the nearby sea.

Wilson said that the pair would have been in deep trouble if the fuel had run out five minutes earlier.

"If it had to run out, that was the place to be," he said. "There was an instantaneous answer to prayer as we crossed the ridge and there was an airfield _ I didn't know it existed till then."

After Wilson glided the powerless craft to a landing on the grassy strip, the pair noticed they were beside a 20-foot-tall sign that read, "Jesus is Lord _ The Bible."

"When we saw that, we started laughing," Stubbs said.

Nearby residents provided them with gas to fly the home-built plane back to base.

"My friend and I are both Christians so our immediate reaction in a life-threatening situation was to ask for God's help," Stubbs told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
    Too bad he didn't help them to remember to check the fuel level to have stopped this from happening to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by T.O.G.A.
      After Wilson glided the powerless craft to a landing on the grassy strip, the pair noticed they were beside a 20-foot-tall sign that read, "Jesus is Lord _ The Bible."

At least they laughed, instead of dropping to their knees and praying to the billboard.

I wonder what they'd think if a bunch of Hindu's owned that billboard, and instead it said "Vishnu is Lord"!

Comment

Originally posted by T.O.G.A.
        Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign

New Zealand Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Make Emergency Landing Next To Jesus Sign

WELLINGTON, New Zealand, May. 21, 2008

E-Mail Story

Print Story

Sphere

Text Size: A A A

(AP) It seemed like an almost literal answer to their prayers. When two New Zealand pilots ran out of fuel in a microlight airplane they offered prayers and were able to make an emergency landing in a field _ coming to rest right next to a sign reading, "Jesus is Lord."

Grant Stubbs and Owen Wilson, both from the town of Blenheim on the country's South Island, were flying up the sloping valley of Pelorus Sound when the engine spluttered, coughed and died.

He said he prayed during the ill-fated flight Sunday that the tiny craft would get over the top of a ridge and that they would find a landing site that was not too steep _ or in the nearby sea.

Wilson said that the pair would have been in deep trouble if the fuel had run out five minutes earlier.

"If it had to run out, that was the place to be," he said. "There was an instantaneous answer to prayer as we crossed the ridge and there was an airfield _ I didn't know it existed till then."

Nearby residents provided them with gas to fly the home-built plane back to base.

Great story, and Praise God they made it safely and the 20-foot-tall sign says it all JESUS IS LORD

Comment

hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            Too bad he didn't help them to remember to check the fuel level to have stopped this from happening to begin with...
            Indeed

"Forget about faith," Chiang said time and time again. "You don't need faith to fly, you need to understand flying."
            Jonathan Livingston Seagull
            Last edited by bridgecross; 2008-07-09, 20:41. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Sure, Jesus saved these two morons while he allows millions around the world to starve. OK
              Signatures are overrated

Comment

should this story would not exist, it should have been created Interesting find.
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                X