Another crash for Kalitta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another crash for Kalitta

It seems that a Kalitta 747, operated by Centurion, has crashed near Mosquera, Colombia after some sort of problem near Bogota. Colombia's El Spectador newspaper reports at least 3 fatalities in the accident.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Wow! They've got some obvious issues going on...
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Kalitta 747 crashes at Bogotá

Around 0400 AM local time (1235 GMT)a Kalitta 747 on its route from BOG to MIA carrying flowers suffered an engine failure at take-off.
      The crew decided to turn around and land but the plane fell apart / exploded (?!?) on its approach to BOG. The most parts fell on a farm near the town of Madrid.

Two People on the ground (52 and 14 years old) were killed when parts of the plane fell on their house and 4 of the 11 crew members are missing.

News report here: click
      Pics here: click at "vers galeria" on the page

EDIT: Ok I was too late with this one. Can be closed & deleted.

Comment

Not a good year for Conrad Kalitta. Lost 2 planes and a son...

Comment

Sad news. My condolences to those killed. The amount of cargo related accidents in the recent weeks is a little unnerving though.

Comment

CNN photos:

Comment

Any info on which plane it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Toernblom
                Any info on which plane it was?
                N714CK Unconfirmed!
                She was leased to Centurion so she is he most probable victim.
                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Was it a Kalitta crew or a Centurian crew operating the aircraft? (Wet or dry lease?)
                  Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                  lp.org

Comment

video

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...ml#cnnSTCVideo

Comment

Looking at the pictures and video I don't see how the hell the crew survived that.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS
                        N714CK Unconfirmed!
                        She was leased to Centurion so she is he most probable victim.
                        The NTSB is reporting it as N714CK

The National Transportation Safety Board is sending a team of investigators to assist the Government of Colombia in its investigation of this morning's crash of a Boeing 747-200 freighter.

At about 2:52 a.m. EDT on July 7, the cargo aircraft (N714CK), operated by Kalitta Airlines as a wet lease to Centurion Airlines, crashed shortly after takeoff from El Dorado International Airport, Bogota, Colombia. Reports indicate that the 8 persons on board survived the crash but that there might be some ground fatalities.

The Colombian government requested assistance from the United States, as the country of design and manufacture of the airplane and engines. NTSB Chairman Mark V. Rosenker has designated Senior Investigator Dennis Jones as U.S.

Accredited Representative for this accident. His team will include four other NTSB investigators, as well as representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration, Boeing and Pratt & Whitney Engines.

The investigation is being conducted by the Special Administrative Unit of Civil Aviation of Colombia, which will release all information on the progress of the investigation. That agency's phone number in Colombia is (57) 1 4139894.
                        Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                        http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Unless the aircraft was more intact before post-crash fires broke out, its a mericle the crew got out. In the aircrafts current state, I wonder how they got out in one peice.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

GOOD LORD! Thank goodness that the crew survived.

So, how does this affect Kalitta when it comes to their safety record? I mean, the last crash that occured was when the aircraft was under their operation correct (i.e. their crews were operating that aircraft, no?). Now with this crash - even though it was not operated by their crew, will they have to be investigated? Can their operating lisences be revoked?
                            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                              Now with this crash - even though it was not operated by their crew, will they have to be investigated?
                              I did read in other places yesterday that it was a wet lease, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X