Qantas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas

Whats going on over there? Six aircraft pulled due to maintenance deficencies.
    Same thing happened with Ansett and they had thier ticket pulled. Will the same happen with Charlie Q? i dont think so!!!
    You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

So, Qantas audit their maintenance documentation, and find that one part of a 100 page procedure has been overlooked, and so upon noticing the problem, they ground the affected aircraft to complete the works.

What else would you have them do? Ground non-affected aircraft for the sake of it?

You think that Qantas is the only airline ever to have made a maintenance documentation error?

Perhaps the difference with Ansett is that when Qantas realise their error they immedately take steps to put it right, and CASA don't walk in for an inspection and find the whole lot a dogs breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by MCM
      So, Qantas audit their maintenance documentation, and find that one part of a 100 page procedure has been overlooked, and so upon noticing the problem, they ground the affected aircraft to complete the works.

What else would you have them do? Ground non-affected aircraft for the sake of it?

You think that Qantas is the only airline ever to have made a maintenance documentation error?

Perhaps the difference with Ansett is that when Qantas realise their error they immedately take steps to put it right, and CASA don't walk in for an inspection and find the whole lot a dogs breakfast?
      1/ Thats exactly what happened at Ansett.
      2/ Thats exactly what happened at Ansett
      3/ You are correct of course, i have never come across any airline that has not made maintenance documentation errors.
      4/ thats exactly what happened at Ansett. CASA did not "walk in for an inspection" Ansett informed CASA of the "maintenance error" which grounded the 767's, only ONE of which had not complied with an AD.
      In future, ask some one who worked there for 32+ years before you make stupid statements.
      You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

I said this on another forum and got banned for my comments.....

I find it very "convenient" that Qantas all of a sudden decides to audit their maintenance records and "happens" to find other errors. It is evident they have panicked due to having CASA, the media and just about everybody else watching their every move and are taking moves to stop another catastrophe from happening.

And yes this is a panic response from the Red Rat, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucsonman
          In future, ask some one who worked there for 32+ years before you make stupid statements.

OOOOOW! This is going to be an interisting Thread

Comment

I think that a bit of a difference might be that while Qantas found an error in an AD they had completed (or not), they didn't find any actual issue, and upon completion the aircraft are ok to fly. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Ansett, on the other hand, completed the AD, and actually found an airworthiness issue (cracks in the tail) of the 767, which CASA then insisted ALL of Ansett's 767's were inspected.

I would be shocked if CASA didn't insist on an inspection of all the aircraft, if an airworthiness issue was found (like they did on the QF2 into Bangkok, with all aircraft inspected before further flight).

I'm sure if CASA find major problems like in Ansett, they will take the appropriate action. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

This is called "Affordable Safety", an initiative made by some clown called Dick Smith, who slashed the workforce in the then CAA by almost 50% and gave the airlines the power to audit themselves and adhere to the manufacturers recommendations by themselves. The Safety Body would only intervene after the horse had bolted.

Now that he is no longer a part of it, he is the first to criticise CASA for not auditing or knowing what the airlines do or don't do!

Comment

Dick Smith is the man who called his line of matches "D***heads".

I think the name suits him.

Comment

Originally posted by MCM
                  I'm sure if CASA find major problems like in Ansett, they will take the appropriate action. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
                  Heaven forbid Qantas should go the same way. I would not wish that, nor is it my intent to do so. Every airline has its maintenance issues, no one is immune.
                  It's just that all the minor things (like hydraulic fluid leaks) are things the ordinary public will not hear about because they are not considered reportable until a hungry for news press gets hold of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X