Passenger jet crashes in Kyrgyzstan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger jet crashes in Kyrgyzstan

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Russian news agencies report that a Boeing passenger jet has crashed while taking off in Kyrgyzstan's capital, Bishkek.

A U.S. official says 83 people were aboard the plane.

Not Good to see or hear at all! Aircraft was a Boeing 737-200.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

www.aviation-safety.net claim 123 onboard, airline seem to be banned from EU.
    "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Unconfirmed reports stated that there were 17 members of a High School Basketball travelling on the aircraft, of which 7 are confimed to have survived the inital crash (and are at a local hospital awaiting surgeries) while the other 10 perished in the crash. I just thought that that fact was interesting.

Anyway, my condolensces to the families of those that perished, and to the passengers that survived. I hope that all are able to heal, and that we can come to a speedy conclusion as to what occurred at this incident so that we can prevent another such occurrence from happening.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Latest reports say - Sixty-five people have died in a crash of a passenger plane in the Kyrgyzstan capital of Bishkek.

The Boeing 737-200, chartered by an Iranian company and bound for Tehran, crashed soon after take-off, a spokeswoman for Manas airport said.

'It took off and reported a technical problem and tried to return to the airport,' the spokeswoman said.

Comment

Damn, this is not a good week for aviation.
          My thoughts are with everyone affected by all of the recent crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro
            www.aviation-safety.net claim 123 onboard, airline seem to be banned from EU.
            Really. Just, exactly as you told:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...European_Union

RIP to all the victims.
            Regards

Comment

Very sad to hear of yet another crash. I hope the survivors make it.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                They all ready have, that's why they are called
                SURVIVORS

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  SURVIVORS[

Comment

Originally posted by juan23
                    SURVIVORS
                    You know sometimes people succumb to their injuries days later in the hospital even though they survived the initial crash....

Comment

Thats a pretty good ditching on the pilots part for anyone to survive a belly landing in a field with a passenger jet.

Comment

Working...
                      X