• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of undercarriage fire/evac at MUC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7581412.stm

Re:

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a9zyzMAN46iM

It was an Air Dolomiti ATR 72. The question I have is, who are those people that suddenly appear in the video from the left in plain clothes?

Also, doesn't the ATR have a slide at the front door? It looks like a decent drop from that door.

Comment

I thought it was maybe some cabin crew that exited via the front while the camera was focusing on the back of the plane/fire trucks.

Is it normal not to have a slide or stairs at the front exit on this AC type?

Comment

Originally posted by delta092b
        I thought it was maybe some cabin crew that exited via the front while the camera was focusing on the back of the plane/fire trucks.

It has been reported that for some reason they couldn't deploy the stairs.
        another ADC refugee

Comment

Originally posted by delta092b

IIRC the regs say that slides are not mandatory unless the bottom of the door is more than five feet above ground level when the wheels are on the ground (not collapsed). Also IIRC this is the reason the CRJ-700 and -900 are tilted forward so much, so that the airplane can be long enough to hold the amount of people it does, with the rear wheels tall enough to prevent a tail strike on rotation, but the front wheel low enough that the front exits do not require slides.

Comment

Working...
          X