Skywest CRJ crushes truck at O'Hare - October 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skywest CRJ crushes truck at O'Hare - October 18

Has anyone else heard about this? A truck and a Skywest (United) CRJ collided, with the CRJ taking some good damage and the truck being destroyed.

I've got about 6 or 7 photos of the damage posted up:

DFW Tower.com

Let's hope that the driver of the truck survives! As for the incident, eh - they can patch that plane up, right? LOL! For the very least, a few people are now without jobs!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

This happened I think like a week or 2 ago. The only thing that I know is that the driver was very lucky in two ways. One is that he only had a hand injury and two is that he had no one in the passenger seat. If there was a passenger he or she would have been killed, so it was a very lucky day that the only injury was of a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
        For the very least, a few people are now without jobs!
        No, not really. As long as they fill out an Irregular Opperations Report their job is most likely safe, thats what IORs are for. Not that an IOR is needed, an event like this and everyones bound to know about it.I'd be surprised to see the mechanic in the cockpit get fired, don't know about the airport ops guy.

I heard about this when I was in training in SLC, messed the CR7 up pretty bad. From what I heard it wasn't written off, damage was pretty bad but it'll probably fly again. I'm just glad no one was killed, the truck was mangled badly.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Bad state of the truck.Where did the collosion occur on the apron road,becauue the pics indicate away from the road.

Did the mechanics have a taxi permit,if they did they would be aware of Anticol lighting & taxi speed.

regds
          MEL
          Think of the brighter side !

Comment

Working...
          X