Helicopter goes down near California nuclear plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter goes down near California nuclear plant

A U.S. Border Patrol helicopter went down Thursday night near the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.

The McDonald Douglas 600N made a forced landing due to engine trouble, authorities said.

Three people on board were able to exit the helicopter on their own and were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
    Aerial images showed the helicopter sitting on the edge of the surf, just north of the nuclear plant. The aircraft was significantly damaged, authorities said.

The helicopter was going from the airport in Long Beach, California, to the Brown Field airport in San Diego, said Vince Bond, the Border Patrol's public information officer.

The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the case.

This is pretty close to where I live.

I surf at the San-O beach, and I know roughly the spot this chopper went down. It's a spot referred to as 'Dogpatch'. If the landing was in the water then there were some pretty nasty stones to negotiate before the passengers can get to shore.

Glad it was only injuries.

P.S> Earlier the Marine F-18 went down about 1 mile from my house, what's up with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Katsura View Post
      P.S> Earlier the Marine F-18 went down about 1 mile from my house, what's up with that...
      At a guess, Gravity?

Seriously though whats the real question here? Do you want to know why the things are falling out of the sky such as training issues, aircraft maintenance issues, people screwing up? Or are you asking why things keep dropping from the sky near your house?

Given your surfing background I guess we can just sum it up as "totally bogus dude!"

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
        At a guess, Gravity?

Seriously though whats the real question here? Do you want to know why the things are falling out of the sky such as training issues, aircraft maintenance issues, people screwing up? Or are you asking why things keep dropping from the sky near your house?

Given your surfing background I guess we can just sum it up as "totally bogus dude!"
        Not all surfers say "totally bogus dude!"I no a surfer,and hes my best friend,coolest kid and school and he doesn't say that.Ge with the times.Now its"Yeah boy"
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
          Not all surfers say "totally bogus dude!"I no a surfer,and hes my best friend,coolest kid and school and he doesn't say that.Ge with the times.Now its"Yeah boy"
          Calm down grommet, I was just poking a little fun and trying to prompt your mate to be a little more specific with his question. If he's genuinely seeking an answer he'll need to be more specific - if not, my first answer still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
            Please proof read your posts before you press the enter button. Watch your grammar, spelling and punctuation. I know you are "just a kid" but you are posting on a board where you should be able to use English at a 5th or 6th grade level. Occasional typo and spelling errors are made by everyone, they are expected and for the most part, tolerated.

However, the meaning of your post may be read improperly by many people especially by those using English as a second or third language. By saying
            !"I no a surfer,and hes my best friend,coolest kid and school and he doesn't say that.Ge with the times.Now its "Yeah boy"
            A literal reading indicates that you are not a surfer, which is probable true but I suspect, not what you meant.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you really mean to say:
            "I know a surfer and he's my best friend, coolest kid in school and he doesn't say that. Get with the times. Now its"Yeah boy".

Using proper English when ever you use a keyboard prepares you for what will be required later on both in school / college and in business. It's much easier to learn and do something correctly than it is to correct a bad habit later.
            Last edited by Dmmoore; 2009-02-24, 17:24.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
              At a guess, Gravity?

Not really a question SYD, or just a rhetorical one if you prefer. I was just making a comment about how these things seem to happen close by.

If you have to push, the last 2 airlines I flew with both had recent crashes (Air New Zealand and Continental). So if I was supersticious I would have linked all these together and go live in a nuclear bunk. Fortunately I'm not . Still, I like to make silly comments once in a while.

And you are absolutely right, gravity would have done it.

Comment

Working...
              X