No announcement yet.

Another Northwest Airlines incident...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Northwest Airlines incident...

Just another Northwest Airlines incident.....this one with birds..

=========================

MINNEAPOLIS — A Northwest Airlines flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas has landed safely after hitting a flock of pigeons shortly after takeoff. No one was hurt.

Melissa Scovronski, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Airports Commission, said the plane hit about 15 pigeons about 2:40 p.m. Saturday while departing from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. She said it landed safely back in Minneapolis.

Northwest said flight 195 had 202 passengers and seven crew members aboard. Spokeswoman Ashley Black said all the passengers were moved to another Northwest flight.

Mechanics were inspecting the aircraft. Federal authorities will investigate the incident.

A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

F-king birds...how DARE NORTHWEST HIT THEM!

They should install ANTI-BIRD-LASERS on the front of every soon-to-be-delta planes.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      They should install ANTI-BIRD-LASERS on the front of every soon-to-be-delta planes.
      What and face the wrath from PETA and SPCA
      Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
      http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Well... this is hardly a "Northwest Airlines" incident... As if airlines were responsible for hitting a flock of birds. Let's not get ridiculous...

Comment

You simply can't put this on the same level as the incident last week; this was a non-event in the sense that everything was done the way it should have been done and the aircraft landed safely, without damage or injuries to crew or pax. Well done to the crew on this one.

Comment

Sounds more like "nothing to see here" i ncident.

Comment

Working...
            X