No announcement yet.

Planes are not safer than cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think air travel is safer than cars?

Click on this link:

http://www.airtravelsurvival.com/pages/plane-crash-statistics.htm

Comment

As we Know from physics and mechanics

The Kinetic Energy = 0.5 mass * speed square

so when we use a very heavy weight like plane 180 ton-300 ton
      and very high potential energy ( altitude from 0 upto 12000m)
      and very high speed around 800Km/Hr

all of these factors will increase the risk factor
      so if any accident happen with any craft in the most cases we can see that all passanger died

what I would like to say this is a taxes of high speed and high technolgy
      more speed more risk
      So I think the cars and ships more safe than aircrafts

Comment

I agree with the overall theory, but statements made to plug a book of "secrets" is hard to warm to. If they're really convinced, they should put all the evidence out for public scrutiny and let that sell the book.

Comment

Here is a blog that I found. This person does a much better job than I did of advocating the argument that planes are not safer than cars (with statistics).
          http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=395536256&blogId=465766503

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi Saeed View Post
            I Agree with most of what you said,

But don't forget that planes sometimes are the only solution to travel overseas ... and that what cars can't do ... maybe ships yes, but that would take forever ...

I've always wondered, why don't they use Giant Parachutes for planes so that if the pilot feels that something is wrong, just turn off the engines and pull the parachute out and let the gravity do the rest .... is it impossible for mankind after all this developing sciences to invent such a parachute for a plane as a safety procedure ...

rather, they equip the planes with life jackets and bullshits that are never used ... all planes fall from sky, so for god sake how would a life jacket be helpful in such cases .... they better come up with new ideas and creative solutions for safety issues or the aviation industry will really have a giant relapse ...

Thanks, Shadi
            Take a look on the Cirrus, they have a parachute on their plane and horrible crash rate.

Also ships not necessary take for ever, world fastest ferry is located in Oman.
            Word is the vaunted car/passenger ferries Oman purchased earlier this year - the car ferry without any jetties to load cars - are loosing mo...

or http://www.nfcoman.com/en/PressRelease.aspx
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Wonder if you could actually make a trans-oceanic trip on a hydrofoil.

Comment

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                Wonder if you could actually make a trans-oceanic trip on a hydrofoil.
                Of course you can, but it´s not economical. I live on an island and have taken many trips on hydrofoils and speedferries.
                "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by thefridayknight View Post
                  Hmmmmm - for my taste there are WAY too many links to a commercial site here that advocates buying a book that will save all our lives if we dare set foot on a plane. ANYBODY can lie with statistics - so why should the statistics on this website be better than anybody else's?

Comment

Thx Peter. The user has been warned

Comment

I can't believe intelligent people are participating in this argument.

Comment

First off,its MUCH more safer to travel above 10,000 FT.why do you think they pressurised airplanes in the 20s and 30s???So they could fly ABOVE the weather and avoid tubulence
                        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
                          I can't believe intelligent people are participating in this argument.
                          x2. OP, it's simple. Don't fly.

Problem solved, you can all thank me later.

Comment

I think we are talking like one person discuss the pollution problem

Every day the burning petrol increase the poising in the atomspher but we still use cars and all mechanical engines

The craft is very very dangerous
                            I agree But people still fly and use it

as I told before if you shift one ton 100 meter
                            you can get energy = 100x1x10 = potential energy
                            this one ton if it failed down it can crash a one building
                            so if one ton is doing this damage you can imagine if one craft 200 ton what it can do

so any crash happen 99.99999% surving people = 0.00

But no way people will use palnes as we use every day our cars which produce so much pollutions and kill ourselves in low rate

thanks

Comment

Horse...water...huh?

I suggest those of you who are actually in the industry give up on this one, you can't teach the blind to read.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

it depends on who is flying or who is driving

Comment

Working...
                                X