Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a job with a minor in Aviation Safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a job with a minor in Aviation Safety?

I am a freshman at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and major in air traffic control. I am worried that if i screw up at my job in the future, I will have no way to get another job. So I am thinking to minor in Aviation Safety and maybe meterology too. I am concernced about whether a minor in Aviation Safety can get me a job at FAA if I really screw up as an air traffic controller. Thanks a lot!
    Force Factor
    Force Factor

Fear of Failure, a common problem of existence.

Hello Mr opalwynell,

. . .if I really screw up as an air traffic controller

If you are concerned about killing people as a result of your own human falibility, and feel you cannot trust yourself, then do not choose this career. My recommendation, as a frightened passenger, would be that you seek professional assistance to discuss your fears and be prepared, no matter what the consequences, to act on your instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by opalwynell View Post
      I am a freshman at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and major in air traffic control. I am worried that if i screw up at my job in the future, I will have no way to get another job. So I am thinking to minor in Aviation Safety and maybe meterology too. I am concernced about whether a minor in Aviation Safety can get me a job at FAA if I really screw up as an air traffic controller. Thanks a lot!
      My understanding is that any degree is acceptable for an air traffic controllers job (at least for Path 2). I would go for a degree that has wider usage in the aviation and other fields - e.g. Aerospace Electronics, Aviation Maintenance, or Human Factors.
      But any degree is good for many jobs - key is to have some math and business credits - that looks good to recruiters.

Comment

The thought of approaching a job in Airtraffic control with a back up plan in case you screw it up is frightning. More so now that you have posted it here, almost like passive intent!

Comment

simply NO
          try Hotels or Banks
          no hard feeling plz

Comment

Working...
          X