Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Ridiculous to the Sublimely Ridiculous

According to a creditable writer from WSJ, this mystery has transcended all previous speculation.

- ACARS data now indicates that the plane flew on for 4 HOURS beyond the time contact was lost.

- U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

- at least one of the pilots' homes is being visited by police.

- At one briefing... officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

If link doesn't work, just google "plane flew on for hours" and click on the wsj link.

Comment

• One thought that comes to mind is the fact that the pilot was known to have made his own flight simulator at home, piecing together various components. Maybe that seems innocent enough, but could he have been practicing simulations for an extraordinary flight path that might have raised eyebrows? Maybe the police will do a forensic look at his flight simulator computer...

Comment

• There's no way it took six days for Rolls Royce to realize they'd still been receiving automated engine status messages hours after the airplane stopped squawking. I find it unbelievable that this key piece of information wouldn't have been passed onto the multinational search teams that seem to have been scouring the wrong part of the ocean for nearly a week now. There's just no way.

Now, we find out (still not officially, but rather through a "leak") six days later.

I'm normally not "one of those people," but I'm really starting to believe that there are people in positions of power who know exactly what happened to this airplane and that it's being intentionally withheld to avoid a public panic, cover asses, because authorities are worried it's going to happen again, or a combination thereof.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

• Every moment this story becomes more and more puzzling.

Every moment this story becomes more and more puzzling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
            There's no way it took six days for Rolls Royce to realize they'd still been receiving automated engine status messages hours after the airplane stopped squawking.
            Of course not, but it's becoming increasingly clear that officials are not divulging what they know.

Comment

• How can a bird of that size fly 5+ hrs undetected? Up to 2200NM+?
              AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
              the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
                Of course not, but it's becoming increasingly clear that officials are not divulging what they know.
                Precisely.
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
                  There's no way it took six days for Rolls Royce to realize they'd still been receiving automated engine status messages hours after the airplane stopped squawking. I find it unbelievable that this key piece of information wouldn't have been passed onto the multinational search teams that seem to have been scouring the wrong part of the ocean for nearly a week now. There's just no way.

Now, we find out (still not officially, but rather through a "leak") six days later.

I'm normally not "one of those people," but I'm really starting to believe that there are people in positions of power who know exactly what happened to this airplane and that it's being intentionally withheld to avoid a public panic, cover asses, because authorities are worried it's going to happen again, or a combination thereof.
                  Chris,
                  what do you mean? You can be more explicit in your words?
                  Of course, my brain also go through all kinds of speculation , but it looks really weird ...
                  PS
                  I wrote the previous response before I saw your's.

Comment

• Going even farther out there: The SAR could be little more than a ruse. Officials knew early on that they were screwed. They had a missing plane on their hands that could be just about anywhere, and still could, either safely landed or otherwise. While the true investigation goes on behind the scenes, the obligatory SAR continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                      How can a bird of that size fly 5+ hrs undetected? Up to 2200NM+?
                      Through research of radar systems, careful planning, and practice of execution of said plan.

(Of course, tomorrow they'll probably find the wreckage right where the plane lost contact, but this line of inquiry is far more intriguing.)

Comment

• RR received data on MH370 twice before it broke communication

At least two bursts of technical data from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet were broadcast and could hold valuable clues, New Scientist has learned
                        AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                        the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                          RR received data on MH370 twice before it broke communication

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.UyFFZ_mzFWg
                          Yes, but how many after?

Comment

• Of course, one could reasonably ask how the perpetrators of such a plan could neglect to disengage the ACARS.

Comment

• I don't understand what the Asiana/SFO crash has to do with B777? The two seem unrelated to me and I have flown Asiana though on a 767. But it seemed that the Asian crash tied in with flight crew issues rather than the plane itself?

Yeah it's becoming more and more puzzling...hope they find wreckage soon if that was the plane's fate.

I feel for the five standbys. My parents' friend on AA 191 was on standby and as it was a fully booked flight of business folks eagerly hoping to get back to LA for Memorial weekend...he wound up on the plane (while ironically a friend's father missed boarding b/c he was in the bar) and it got so that his widow had to give info on his personalized wedding band to *prove* he was on the flight b/c most of the passengers were pretty unidentifiable. I guess there was intense fire in that case. Though he did wind up listed on the manifest as a passenger. I hope the families here get some more information about their loved ones! It must be so difficult what they're experiencing right now!

Comment

• I don't know where this plane is, what happened to it, or anything about the flight...but what I am starting to suspect is a "Hunt for Red October" type of situation...where the public are fed BS but behind closed doors the honchos know exactly what happened.

I'm just wondering if there is a letter from a member of the crew to management that stated their intention.

what we're seeing from Malay officials is the result of 50 years of 1 party government.
                                Last edited by Longreach747; 2014-03-13, 07:55.

next trips
                                USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                                X