• Show
Clear All

• FULL FLIGHT REPORT - SKY AIRLINES (AVION EXPRESS) A320 SCL/GIG

Flight H2-640 SKY Airlines 640, operated by Avion Express Malta. 07/01/2024
    Santiago/SCL/SCEL to Rio/GIG/SBGL 12:00 / 16:10
    Airbus A320-232 9H-SWD
    Seat 1F (window)

The photos will be in order.

The flight was booked through Expedia, which told me to arrive 4 hours before.
    Online check in at SKY was a disaster, it did not work for me and it told me to check in at the counter at the airport.
    At 07:00, my taxi arrived, and off i was, but i forgot my backpack, so we had to return.
    We arrived at the airport 07:45, traffic was light and we i headed to the SKY counter, but i decided to wait, i arrived after all 15 minutes early and there was no line and the counter was closed. (again, SKY told me to arrive 4 hours early). But i waited, and waited, and before i knew it i had spent 1 hour waiting for the counter to open, and i still had to wait 15 minutes more after it opened to check in my luggage and myself because only 2 out of the 4 counters of SKY were open (it was the first flight of the day for SKY) and i was not priority because i did not use a certain credit card.
    After a 45 minute wait at the police check (the only metal things i had were the cameras) and looking at the aircraft in static exposition (a piper and another prop) (first 2 photos) i headed to gate E02. I first had to get breakfast at gate G (a grilled cheese sandwich, coffe and orange juice), then i headed to gate E (photo 1). The plane had not arrived, but there were more aircraft parked in the terminal. Also good time to mention that it is IMPOSSIBLE to ged good enough photos for JP inside the new terminal, because between me and the tilted window was a glass pane and a 10 feet gap behind the pane, also the glass was very dirty. But i did not want to stay seated so i went to another gate and then to another one and then i returned to gate E and the plane was still not there, the flight was supposed to depart in 30 minutes but there was no sign of the plane, and still the screens at the airport said the flight was 'boarding'.
    About 15 minutes later, a fully white plane arrived at door E02, and i knew inmediatly that it was not SKY, but avion express (it operated flights form SCL to Lima in the mornings and i saw it on FR24), and then i learned that SKY charted A320's from Avion Express Malta.
    Boarding took about 10 minutes, but there were no boarding groups so i entered last.
    The Seats were purple with pink details, and very comftable (photo 2). The crew was very nice and respectfull. But their spanish and english were not so good.
    The plane had a 40 minute delay that the crew blamed on the jetbridge, that was not disconecting (it got stuck)
    After 40 minutes, the plane took off and climbed, the scenery was AMAZING (photos 3-6) as we passed through the Andes, and after about 25 minutes we reached crusing altitude, after 40 minutes of flight the crew gave us croissants with cheese and ham and also a juice box (photo 7) to compensate for the delay. Im sorry, but i forgot to take a photo of the croissant. The tray was medium sized (photo and the safety card was regular, i dont have anything to say about it (photos 9-10). After 1,5 hours i fell asleep inside a cloud. I woke up when the plane was about to decend, so i took a lot of photos of the wing, it was amazing, it looked like heaven (photo 11-12) Anyway, the landing was a bit rough and the taxi to gate was short, the pilots (capitan, first officer and flight engineer) were nice, they let me inside the cockpit. The walk to the luggage walk was uneventfull and quick, and then i rented a taxi and went to the hotel. In total we arrived 1,5 hours late.

I can only upload 5 photos per post, so i will post a bit

Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

The first 5, also i forgot to tell you that the plane was very dirty, the windows were the dirtiest i ever saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1118s.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	1177959

Name:	IMG_1122x.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	1177960

Name:	scl1.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	700.6 KB
ID:	1177961

Name:	IMG_1289ssssss.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1177962

Name:	IMG_1227qqq.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1177963

Comment

Another 5...

Name:	IMG_1216111.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1177965

Name:	ssssss.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1177966

Name:	IMG_1232q.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	1177967

Name:	juce.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1177968

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1177969

Comment

Another ones........

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1177971

Name:	IMG_1261.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	547.1 KB
ID:	1177972

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	1177973

Comment

Working...
        X