Flight Review: ATH-JFK on OLYMPIC AIRLINES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Review: ATH-JFK on OLYMPIC AIRLINES

I have been flying OA regularly on the JFK-ATH-JFK route. My most recent experience was August 9th,2005, non-stop ATH-JFK on an Airbus A343. The flight was packed, after all it is the high season. Food was excellent as always, salad with smoked salmon or shrimp plus a choise of fish or chicken and desert as well as plenty of beverages and wine. The crew was fantastic, probably the best crew i ever had, not only very good looking ladies but also very courteous, smiley,polite and very professional. And as always with OA, the landing was extremely smooth. I know the Union of the flight attendants opposed the proposed privatization, but it didnt prevent them from providing an excellent service. In a couple of weeks we should know about the future of OA as an initial memorandum of understanding was signed between the company and Olympic Investors/York Capital.
    YANNIS

That meal sounds nice! Last airline meal I had was this pasta stuff with no flavour and a bit of soggy garlic bread

Rich

Comment

Hi Yannis.

I fly the same route, food is always good.
      As always with OA, landings are silky smooth!
      Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Yes, you can count on having good food on OA, even short 2 Hr intra European trips offer free full meal service, unlike other more "respectable" airlines such as IBERIA... (the most arrogant and rude employees in Europe, of course they have a huge South America network and they dont care)
        YANNIS

Comment

Although short, interesting report from a nicely liveried 340.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

You see Alain, when you flight that route 2 times a year for the last 11 years, it becomes more of a routine. For sure my review would be longer on a flight i never did before. (like the dreadful IBERIA one i posted a few months ago)
            YANNIS

Comment

Working...
            X