Your shortest flight by jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your shortest flight by jet

Mine was from YEG to YXD. 7 minutes. And I actually had to check in for it.
    Who's on first?..........

KAVL to KCLT 92 miles and about 18 mins in the air next shortest KORD to KPIA 122 miles and 22 mins in the air.
    Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
    http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

OAK - SFO.
      11 miles.
      Repositioning a 747 from a charter flight to SFO to pick up a commercial flight.
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

The shortest would be:

ASA KMCN to KATL 20 some minutes and 90 miles.

I have flown MCN to ATL so many times I can't remember them all.

On a DL 727(I think) we had a stop in ROC on our way to SYR so the second shortest would be:

DL KROC to KSYR 20 minutes and 93 miles.

-Chris

Comment

Dorval (YUL) to Mirabel (YMX). It's about 35 km and maybe 20 min block to block.

It was a B744.

Comment

Honolulu International(PHNL) to Barbers Point(PHNA, which has changed to PHJR) Military Charter repo. Was supposed to clear customs in Alaska then to Barbers, but cut out the Alaska stop, and got into Hawaii too soon to schedule Customs at Barbers, so we landed at Honolulu, cleared customs then got back on the plane and flew to Barbers, IIRC it was about 35 mins from chocks to chocks.

By the way it was a World DC-10

Not to mention any Inter Island flight from Oahu to Maui are short ones. You go from the departure, straight into the approach, there is no cruise phase LOL.
            -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
            -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

About 20 minutes. JNU-SIT. Boeing 737.
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Not really that short, but mine would be DFW-AUS and back a few times.

Comment

From NAS Nowra to.....ummmm.... 12000 ft ABOVE NAS Nowra..

In a C-141. It took 3 1/2 minutes..... then we.... stepped out.

Holed up in a cabin in the woods.. with 3 years worth of canned goods.. and a whole bunch of guns.

Comment

Originally posted by trooper
                    In a C-141. It took 3 1/2 minutes..... then we.... stepped out.

Was the service really that bad?

I mean I can see getting mad, but jumping out of the plane....

-Chris

Comment

Zero minutes and zero seconds. Got on 737, pushed back, sat for 10 minutes, then went back to the gate to get a different aircraft. Never left the ground. Not sure what was wrong but they apparently couldn't fix it.
                      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Re:

TUL-OKC and OKC-TUL back in '93, when DL has 732s and 722s on the multi-stop flights across the country between ATL and SJC. Took 25 min each way. IIRC we were at cruising altitude for only 3 min.

Comment

This is kind of cheating since I wasn't on the flight, but I saw them getting ready to depart. A Citation CJ1 flew from KLOU to KSDF. A long haul flight of 4 miles. I'm not lying when I say this.... they filed an IFR flight plan.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                            This is kind of cheating since I wasn't on the flight, but I saw them getting ready to depart. A Citation CJ1 flew from KLOU to KSDF. A long haul flight of 4 miles. I'm not lying when I say this.... they filed an IFR flight plan.
                            Citation Shares?

I've done SMO-BUR, and PHX-SDL. Both less than 10 min in the air. Very busy on those kinds of flights.
                            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
                              Citation Shares?

I've done SMO-BUR, and PHX-SDL. Both less than 10 min in the air. Very busy on those kinds of flights.
                              Can't remember. They landed at LOU and unloaded the pax then got right back in and fired it up. I tried to find it on flightaware but it was too long ago. There was however this flight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/TTX1236
                              Seems to be a common occurence!
                              There was also a Lear 35 a few weeks ago that filed IFR for KJVY-KSDF, which is 11 nm. It seems like it'd be a lot cheaper for them to pay for a rental car to take the 15 minute car trip. Hell, with preflight preparations and all that it'd actually be quicker to drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X