Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please allow ads on Jetphotos

Howdy JP!

I've noticed that there is a new message for people with adblock who browse the sight to turn it off. I understand that y'all need money to keep the site running. Would there be any way for us to donate cash to keep the site running and so we can have adblock on as well? Just a suggestion nothing against the admins or anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP.PNG
Views:	1085
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1088822

Originally posted by dfwairport.jpg View Post
    Howdy JP!

I've noticed that there is a new message for people with adblock who browse the sight to turn it off. I understand that y'all need money to keep the site running. Would there be any way for us to donate cash to keep the site running and so we can have adblock on as well? Just a suggestion nothing against the admins or anything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	JP.PNG Views:	161 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	1088822
    I agree. It would be nice to have the ability to donate than having to have advertisements disrupt my screen. Sometimes they block the photo grid, so I can't view other photos.
    View me on JetPhotos

Comment

In the past there was a JP Elite membership which eliminated the adds and gave a higher number of slots.
      It would be nice if that was restored.
      Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
        In the past there was a JP Elite membership which eliminated the adds and gave a higher number of slots.
        It would be nice if that was restored.
        FR24 don't currently have plans to implement a pay option and this has been the case from the start of their ownership of JP. Whether that might change in the future I don't know. The only thing that is being talked about (ie no definate plans yet) is to change the way the queue system works (I can't say too much right now as numerous ideas are up for discussion).

Comment

Hi,

We do not currently have a way to donate to the site for a couple of reasons (mainly tax) and as James pointed out we also have no current plans to restore the JP Elite membership.

Over the last few months we have seen a drop in advertising revenue - mainly because advertisers are not paying as much as they have done previously. The advertising demand has been reduced which has had a knock on effect on websites like Jetphotos. This is an industry wide trend and nothing specific to Jetphotos but we wanted to see if we can get people to disable their adblock so that we get a few more ad views.

A very large part of our traffic comes from the Flightradar website and apps and even if a small percentage of these users disable adblock it could have a positive impact on our ad revenue.

Thanks,
          Laurence

Comment

Isn't it possible to reduce it a little bit, so at least it won't show up on the upload pages and photos administration pages? One idea is if you have paid for a silver or gold or business membership on FR24, it would even include an adverdtising free version of JP.

Comment

Originally posted by hn_aviation View Post
              Isn't it possible to reduce it a little bit, so at least it won't show up on the upload pages and photos administration pages? One idea is if you have paid for a silver or gold or business membership on FR24, it would even include an adverdtising free version of JP.
              It seems that there is a bug with it - should only be displayed once and then you should not see it again. We are looking into it to see what we can do.

One thing to note is that it seems to work differently with different ad blocker versions.

Comment

Working...
              X