Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
    I am up for it. Infact I will fly from Alaska for.
    Ok, now which weekend would be best for all involved?

Alaska would like a long weekend, and Monday May 30 is Memorial Day, so we could do something the 28th or 29th.

July 4th is a monday, so we could do that weekend on the 2nd or 3rd.
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

Seems achieveable for me =) CPH-ATL with British Airways would only be around 500 USD The weekend up to July 4th would definitely be great... that's just my opinion
      ~*~Janni~*~

Comment

maybe il be there to it isn't hard to get from AMS to ATL actually its very easy we have a lot of DL and KL flight's....
        My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

I would be fairly flexible with dates, but could be more difficult for me to get off work over a major holiday.
          Keep in mind also that some airlines cut back service levels on holidays, I was at ORD on July 4th, most airlines seemed about the same with the exception of FedEx .
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
            I would be fairly flexible with dates, but could be more difficult for me to get off work over a major holiday.
            Keep in mind also that some airlines cut back service levels on holidays, I was at ORD on July 4th, most airlines seemed about the same with the exception of FedEx .
            Good points there, I might have trouble getting off as well. Hotel rooms would likely be pricier too for those major travel weekends.

We could still shoot for the middle of June, maybe the weekend June 18th and 19th?

Alaska, when are you out of school?
            My photos on jp.net

Comment

well im in. As long as its not a school day, I can do it for sure It would be next summer right?

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

so ATL it is! Better start saving up!
                ***My Blog***

Comment

Chasen - Yes, probably sometime in June 2005.

PIAA - Save enough for a room at the Renaissance.
                  My photos on jp.net

Comment

CAn someone post links for hotels and car rentals near that area??
                    ***My Blog***

Comment

well my school ends like june 5th, so in that case. Im in! Can't wait to see ATL! Would I need to find a ride with someone, or can buses drop u off by the spots?

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

For PIAA:

Renaissance Hotel: http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=ATLSA

An impressive-looking Clarion Suites ATL (found rates around $65): http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...kI.2tJ48lvUt.3

Sleep Inn ATL (~$55): http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...kI.2tJ48lvUt.3

Holiday Inn North Airport (there's also a Holiday Inn South): https://<a href="http://www.ichotels...p?irs=null</a>

South: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...atlas?irs=null

Crowne Plaza Airport (<$70) : http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...AFPAi8AmelV9oE

There's also a $200/night Sheraton near the airport.

Chasen, I wouldn't have a problem hauling 1 or 2 people (in my tiny shitbox) around if need-be, and I'm sure others will have cars.

EDIT: The links look messed up, but they all work.
                        My photos on jp.net

Comment

If I am able to make it I will most likely rent a car, so I would be able to help with the transportation aspect.
                          Where are the spotting areas around ATL? And does anyone have links to photos taken from those locations? I've never been there and am unfamiliar with the views.
                          Also, will heat haze in mid-June Georgia be a problem with spotting?
                          George R. Widener
                          Oshkosh, WI USA
                          Aircraft Photos Here
                          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
                            If I am able to make it I will most likely rent a car, so I would be able to help with the transportation aspect.
                            Where are the spotting areas around ATL? And does anyone have links to photos taken from those locations? I've never been there and am unfamiliar with the views.
                            Also, will heat haze in mid-June Georgia be a problem with spotting?
                            Originally posted by srbmod
                            As it was already mentioned, the Renaissance on the northside of ATL is one of the better spots on the north end of the airport. There are a few other spots depending upon wind directions, most of them by North Cargo, giving got photo ops on the 26s. The Holiday North on Virginia Avenue has some alright views, and some other good spots are along Loop Road heading towards Camp Creek Parkway and I-85. The College Park MARTA station sits right in the flight path for the North runways (I've been walking to the station and the a/c are low enough to read the regos.), and you can get some good shots when the 8s are in use.

As for the southside of the airport, the best spots have "no parking" signs, so one would have to park away from those signs and walk to those good spots. There's a decent spot at the corner of Loop Road and Clark Howell Hwy right before you go over I-285. It's a decent spot for takeoff shots when they're using 27R. You have to walk down the street about 100 feet or so to take any side on landing shots on 27L. I haven't really scoped out any sites for spotting when the 9s are in use.

These are the areas I've reconned over the years, a few of my old spots are now gone due to the fifth runway project and the realignment of several of the major roads on the southside of the airport. I'll do some more riding around and report back (that's what's good about working right by the airport).
                            I'll do some searching in the DB for shots, and post them along with approximate location.

As for heat haze, the heat doesn't start getting bad here until July and Augusta around here.

Comment

I get out of school towards the end of May usually. Those dates work for me.
                              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

If SYD is not possible for me, then I will be at ATL. All I need to do is drive there I need a roommate or two though to keep hotel costs down.
                                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                                No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                                X