No announcement yet.

North Korea Says It Has Nuclear Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should totally just nuke them first. Like tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
      We should totally just nuke them first. Like tomorrow.
      Hell it worked with Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
        Hell it worked with Japan.
        yup. Besides, if he has nukes he must be planning to use em, he doesnt need nukes them to defend NK...i think.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Countries don't usually build up there military for "defensive purposes". They do it cause they want to use it. Even if it is brinksmanship, Kim picked the wrong folks to play with. China and the U.S. would dangle the s.o.b. over the brink before he could push them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
            Countries don't usually build up there military for "defensive purposes". They do it cause they want to use it. Even if it is brinksmanship, Kim picked the wrong folks to play with. China and the U.S. would dangle the s.o.b. over the brink before he could push them there.
            sigpic

Comment

Countries don't usually build up there military for "defensive purposes"
              I disagree. Countries do infact build militaries primarily for defensive/peacekeeping purposes, not for aggression or offense.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Historical what precedent do you have?

Bismarck for instance built up his military for "defensive reasons" but he went after France. Saddam, invasion of Kuwait was for "defensive purposes". Hitler, Mussolini, Spanish-American war. American revolution, etc.

Comment

The United States has a military - for defense. India has a military - for defense. Australia has a military - for defense. Germany has a military - for defense. So on and so forth...

At times there are leaders in some countries who choose to use their militaries for aggression, but in the majority of the cases, militaries are built and maintained primarily for defense.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                    The United States has a military - for defense.
                    Iraq, I'm going to get slammed for this but Iraq wasn't being (much of) a problem.

India has a military - for defense.
                    You probably know more than me...but Kashmir?

Australia has a military - for defense. Germany has a military - for defense. So on and so forth...
                    True, however Germany has learned about aggression and it's consequences.

At times there are leaders in some countries who choose to use their militaries for aggression, but in the majority of the cases, militaries are built and maintained primarily for defense.
                    True, however the increased build up usually signifies a use in the (near) future. I'm watching NK, I think GWB could have justified a war there.

Comment

I see your point here. Thing is, the US did not build its military to invade Iraq. India did not build its military to get involved in the Kashmir war.

I think we are talking about two different things here. Yeah, I do agree that when a country "builds up" (as in significantly increases the size of) its military, then that's either because they know they are going to be attacked soon or they want to attack soon.

But the primary reason a military is built at all (as in from scratch) is not for aggression.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about any of his missiles even getting off the ground. He's using old launch technology and sites that can be taken out at the very first sign he's getting ready to launch.

Comment

But the primary reason a military is built at all (as in from scratch) is not for aggression.
                          From scratch it's defense, from an already large size it's for aggression. But I'm sure we've wandered far enough away from the topic for right now...

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                            North Korea certainly couldn't destroy us with the few nukes they have. At worst some place on the west coast like LA or SFO gets hit, but by then the entire northern part of the Peninsula would be a radioactive parking lot.
                            That's about right. I'd bet that for at least the last 5 years there has been one of these roaming off the Korean Peninsula just waiting for the order to fire should Kim Jong Menatally-Ill actually lob a nuke at the U.S. or our allies.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                              I wouldn't worry too much about any of his missiles even getting off the ground. He's using old launch technology and sites that can be taken out at the very first sign he's getting ready to launch.
                              My biggest concern is that North Korea hands the nukes over to another country or terrorist organization who would find a way to deliver them to the US. I am sure the terrorist organizations would be willing to pay North Korea big money to get their hands on these weapons.
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                                My biggest concern is that North Korea hands the nukes over to another country or terrorist organization who would find a way to deliver them to the US. I am sure the terrorist organizations would be willing to pay North Korea big money to get their hands on these weapons.
                                ya thats a scary thought.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X