anyone afraid of heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone afraid of heights

any one else afraid of heights......I'm deathly afraid of being up high, I just feel so insecure...and yet flying doesnt bother me a bit, go figure
    yes
    26.83%
    no
    73.17%

I read somewhere (I think it was either flying or plane & pilot that a rather high percentage of pilots are afraid of heights. not me though.

Comment

well, im not scared of hights, but i do get a bit nervouse when im up high and standing over a ledge, but thats just after falling of a 30ft cliff in peru and almost going into some heavy rapids(had to freeclimb my way out... amazed i could do it, since i have very little upper body strenght in preportion to my wieght)... but other than that im fine with hights...
      ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

As long as i know i am not going to fall, i am ok with it.
        ***My Blog***

Comment

I am scared of heights

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
            I am scared of heights
            WUSSY! J/K of course.

Comment

I'm not afraid of heights. I loved walking on the glass floor in the CN Tower, that was cool!
              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
                I'm not afraid of heights. I loved walking on the glass floor in the CN Tower, that was cool!
                That was cool, but it was hardly scary...there's big metal beams running square through it, and there's walls around it. Now imagine how scary it would be if it were jutting out of one side of the CN Tower, with no walls around it...just the glass floor...
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                  That was cool, but it was hardly scary...there's big metal beams running square through it, and there's walls around it. Now imagine how scary it would be if it were jutting out of one side of the CN Tower, with no walls around it...just the glass floor...
                  Now that I would have a problem with. There's a difference between being scared when you're in an unsafe situation and an irrational fear of heights.

Comment

Im afraid..... Its kinda funny.... Im clutching and grabbing onto a handrail on the 3rd story of the mall, yet I can operate in a De-Ice bucket 40 feet off the ground..... Maybe its the harness, but I get dizzy somtimes looking down from high places (like the hand rail at the mall)..... yet its never happened in the de-ice bucket.........

Comment

Im scared of heights if i know i can fall. If im in a plane i know im safe so therefore am not scared.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                        Im scared of heights if i know i can fall. If im in a plane i know im safe so therefore am not scared.
                        haha, you haven't flown with me yet

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          haha, you haven't flown with me yet
                          Hence why i havent edited my post to change what i said.
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I heights

Next Flights -
                            3/31/05 - SWA 2226- OAK/TUS
                            4/2/05 - SWA 995 - TUS/OAK
                            7/4/05 - UAL 346 - SFO/SEA
                            7/11/05 - UAL 631 - SEA/SFO

Comment

terrified of heights.
                              Try to catch me flyin dirty...