No announcement yet.

Conservative Stronach joins Liberals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to laugh at the "Progressive Conservative" party. There name is a HUGE oxymoron. You can progress and conserve at the same time. No Harpoon didnt kill the Arrow, I am aware of it. Does anyone know the roots of the PC/C party?
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      I like to laugh at the "Progressive Conservative" party. There name is a HUGE oxymoron. You can progress and conserve at the same time. No Harpoon didnt kill the Arrow, I am aware of it. Does anyone know the roots of the PC/C party?
      I think you need to catch up on Canadian Politics. The "Progressive Conservative" party died almost 2 years ago. The Conservative Party of Canada is what it is now.

I really do think that I should go get a membership to the Conservative Party.

Comment

I'm one of those terrible voters that does not vote by party. I've voted for all 3 of the major party's, however this time I'll only chose between the Liberals and the NDP.

As long as Harper is in there I will not even consider the Conservatives. I don't like his policies and I don't like him.

And while the Liberals are airing their dirty laundry in public you can't tell me there weren't similar deals (maybe not so bad) under previous governments regardless of the political stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          I'm one of those terrible voters that does not vote by party. I've voted for all 3 of the major party's, however this time I'll only chose between the Liberals and the NDP.

As long as Harper is in there I will not even consider the Conservatives. I don't like his policies and I don't like him.

And while the Liberals are airing their dirty laundry in public you can't tell me there weren't similar deals (maybe not so bad) under previous governments regardless of the political stripe.
          I may stand by the Liberals, but no matter what, when I turn 18 I am probibly not going to vote. But hey, every vote counts right? even when you choice has 1votes and the other has 100 (these numbers do not relate to the political numbers in Canada).

fallingeese, I am quite aware of this change, I forgot to put in "Liked" and "Was". I am deeply sorry.
          -Kevin

Comment

I'm what you call a "red tory"... I voted Liberal in 1997 in my former BC riding, PC in 2000 (we put Joe Clark into Calgary Centre), and Liberal in the same riding last summer in an attempt to keep that bastard Lee Richardson out... but it failed.

I'm tossing my vote to the Greens or another small organization that can use the funding. Neither the NDP, Liberals, or especially the Conservatives cater to my views.
            My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
              I'm what you call a "red tory"... I voted Liberal in 1997 in my former BC riding, PC in 2000 (we put Joe Clark into Calgary Centre), and Liberal in the same riding last summer in an attempt to keep that bastard Lee Richardson out... but it failed.

I'm tossing my vote to the Greens or another small organization that can use the funding. Neither the NDP, Liberals, or especially the Conservatives cater to my views.
              Some of the former PC members who didn't want to join the new party went and formed the Progressive Canadian party, which they say maintain a similar stand as the former PC. They even used a somewhat similar logo. You might be interested to check them out, if you haven't already.
              If there is a Progressive Canadian candidate in my riding in the next election, I will give him/her serious thought

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
                reasons to go PC
                1. they aren't bribing people
                2. they won't waste money on scandles
                3. they treat the country different by province because not all of canada is the same
                4. they belive in methods that cut tax
                5. they have no hidden agendas

need I continue?
                and yes I and many others have looked at the agendas of PC...
                They want to disband the Air Canada Participation act! For that alone Bob, I figured you would vote Liberal!

Originally posted by C-FZQS
                My favorite part of this was logging on to CTV.com and watching Peter Mc Kay in Nova Scotia. "I have'nt slept in two days"..... The whole interview made me laugh really hard. To me its propaganda, just to get a sympathy vote.
                It would be propaganda if the free media didn't publish it out of their own free will. I think it is rather lame myself, Belinda broke his heart..haha

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                  They want to disband the Air Canada Participation act! For that alone Bob, I figured you would vote Liberal!
                  I'd rather have the conservative party in power and give AC a boost than the liberals in power.

Comment

Working...
                  X