Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Departure on Job - Time to Grow Up :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptbodale
    we can audit your every move (Cameron).

Have fun.

Funny you say that, I'm working expense accounts next week, should be fun...
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
      Well thanks for your support guys.

To answer some of your questions, that load for the DC-9 was 20,800lb's,

9,300 in each wing, and 2,200 in the center. They come in with 6000-9000lbs on board, so it takes about 8-15min. Depending on the fuel load.

Each aircraft takes longer/less long to fill. 737NG's fill fast, MD80s fill slow, 757s are rockets of you have any going into the center tank... ask JJR . 777s I'd imagine fill fast.

But nothing fuels as slow as the Dash 8. lol.... A few others,

You can't fuel an emb-135 or 145 in manual.. ( that kills me)

The guages roll a heck of alot on a CRJ.... I shut it down 50lbs short a side and let it roll 100lbs over.... dont worry, itll come back down in a minute!

The above problem doesnt happen that often on a 737.... pretty much what you see is what you get....

737-700 holds less gas in the wings than a 737-300....

Southwest doesn't take delays lightly.

CoEx, is the only airline that can't figure out weight and balance before the crew looks at it. ( in my experience)

777's CAN land in Albany.

UAL has some F^&%#d up tight tolerances.

US Air does not...

SWA doesnt require a calculator.

DAL does.

Ramp rats (Girls) are pretty to look at..... Just dont get involved..(Take my word)

and finally......

Ryan ( the airline ) Doesnt lock its liquor cabinets on overnight stays......lol

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
        ahhhhhhh the naivety of a pre-flight training student . There's more glossy advertisements at flight schools saying "wan't to become an airline pilot, that's "easy" just train with us " than you can poke a stick at.
        There's no money for pilots until the airlines, so untill then it's not pretty, like they portray at flight school's.
        Hey bro, UND isnt just a flight school and they dont say that. UND is a actual 4 year university that happens to have a great aerospace college. Im going there for flying but I will still have regular classes like everyone else there.

www.und.edu (main website)

www.aero.und.edu (Aerospace website)

Comment

I was venting my frustrations more than anything, the advertisement triggered me off.

So out of interest, if you wanted to be a pilot woulden't you just take a pilot's course, why the need to take regular classes on top of that? I might be answering my own question but, if it's because "pilot's need more than just a pilot's licence" a car only needs 4 tyres & 1 spare if you know what I'm saying, nothing more nothing less. Also if you don't mind me asking financially how does at all work? For me in NZ I got a student loan, now interest is on it, this has crippled me to the extent where I have to work non-flying to get it under control.

Do you have to pay for your flight training yourself?

Comment

Working...
          X