This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IntheShade banned

I'm not a high frequency visitor on this site so I'm not always in the loop but it seems like he knows a thing or 2 when it comes to aviation .

His postings are often very in your face, Texas style I guess, why was he banned anyway, did he encounter another 60,000 Hrs wunderfieger female pilot again ?
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Comment

Originally posted by Hazmat View Post
      I'm not a high frequency visitor on this site so I'm not always in the loop but it seems like he knows a thing or 2 when it comes to aviation .

His postings are often very in your face, Texas style I guess, why was he banned anyway, did he encounter another 60,000 Hrs wunderfieger female pilot again ?

No clue why he was banned. Last I read in your face posts do not break any forum rules. To be blunt anyone who takes most of ITS posts seriously really need to get out of the house a bit more...take it with a grain of salt and you can easily see the humor in it. Its a simple exchange of banter and no more.

Comment

'Twas about time! Just note how civilized the AF447 thread has once again become.

Comment

Last I read in your face posts do not break any forum rules. To be blunt anyone who takes most of ITS posts seriously really need to get out of the house a bit more...take it with a grain of salt and you can easily see the humor in it. Its a simple exchange of banter and no more.
          I wasn't taking offense to his posting style at all, I even think he has quite good writing skills and I do appreciate southern style humour, I wish there would be more people who stir the pot every once in a while, makes life just a little less dull every now and then.
          Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Comment

Originally posted by Hazmat View Post
            I wasn't taking offense to his posting style at all, I even think he has quite good writing skills and I do appreciate southern style humour, I wish there would be more people who stir the pot every once in a while, makes life just a little less dull every now and then.

I didn't mean you, there are some people who's skin is so thin, saying boo to them offends them. What it comes down to is that if you disagree with someone and offer a pointed response your somehow the devil.

Now the AF 447 thread is a bit out of hand but if you take 2 mins and go to the Blue site and read their AF447 thread your head will just about explode its so loaded with BS and parlor talk of the highest order.

Comment

Tommy, comments from Spad13, ITS, Verbal and you have gone beyond simple "throwing darts". Comments that add nothing to the thread, in fact hijacking them, plus the bullying and open hatred against people and things not American was prevelant. Heck even Americans that aren't as white as you were on the receiving end of the attacks (ie. Rohan).

Yes people have their likes and dislikes and some are pretty strong with that, however the garbage and vitriol exceed any good points that were posted.

Look how the number of people posting and the number of threads that are actually relevant to aviation diminished. Hopefully members will return.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu View Post
                Cheers to that..and may he take a few others with him.
                like you, B757300, ptbodale & AP-A343. You may not like ITS's posting style but he knows more about aviation that the three of you knuckleheads combined to the 58th power.

Read his posts and absorb the knowledge.... it you are actually interested in learning. Otherwise put him on ignore and enjoy the mindless babble.
                Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale View Post
                  Tommy, comments from Spad13, ITS, Verbal and you have gone beyond simple "throwing darts". Comments that add nothing to the thread, in fact hijacking them, plus the bullying and open hatred against people and things not American was prevelant. Heck even Americans that aren't as white as you were on the receiving end of the attacks (ie. Rohan).

Yes people have their likes and dislikes and some are pretty strong with that, however the garbage and vitriol exceed any good points that were posted.

Look how the number of people posting and the number of threads that are actually relevant to aviation diminished. Hopefully members will return.

Dale harden up and relax...you really take the internet way to seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                    like you, B757300, ptbodale & AP-A343. You may not like ITS's posting style but he knows more about aviation that the three of you knuckleheads combined to the 58th power.

Read his posts and absorb the knowledge.... it you are actually interested in learning. Otherwise put him on ignore and enjoy the mindless babble.
                    Just cause you know stuff doesn't mean you should be a jackass

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu View Post
                      Just cause you know stuff doesn't mean you should be a jackass
                      The only jackasses are those (like you) who call for his banning. He and I interact on other forums (and I usually am in disagreement with him) and he has never been insulting or condescending.
                      Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

The only jackasses are those (like you) who call for his banning. He and I interact on other forums (and I usually am in disagreement with him) and he has never been insulting or condescending.
                        He may be knowledgeable. But I have yet to see him share much of it with the rest of us. Its mostly just random blabbering about how awesome he thinks he is. Which is usually the sign of a very small penis.
                        Last edited by seahawk; 2009-06-21, 17:07.

Comment

It has been brought to my attention that Shadey is preparing a PowerPoint expose of cheap composites for his return.

Comment

You do not know me or the amount of aviation knowledge I have. I know that he, ITS, is ignorant, rude and a bully. He may have aviation knowledge, but he needs to learn how to disseminate information. Right from the start with his highlighting various words he irrated a number of people, made his posts difficult to read and his insults against several members of the site was not called for.

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                            Dale harden up and relax...you really take the internet way to seriously...
                            Hey Tom. Harden up for what? This site was created, I believe, for people who enjoy avaition to come together. If you want an "Aviationassholes.net" then go ahead and create it. People come on here to learn a few things about aviation and bring forth aviation information, not be "slammed" for being a foreigner or liking a particular airline or airplane.

Comment

As I said on the AF447 thread, ITS is his own worst enemy...always has been and probably always will be.

Those of us who have had experience of ITS and his hatred of all things Airbus, French in general, foreign in general...well we have usually grown a thicker skin or ignored him as best we can.

However, there does come a time when the old Boeing vs Airbus chestnut gets a tad wearing, along with the bold type here and there and the general 'big I am' attitude that pretty much diminishes anything that ITS has to say. And that is a shame cos sometimes he can come out with some very useful and helpful things that do throw a new light onto a situation, such as that of AF447.

If he could just control his bias and his insults, then maybe things he says would be better appreciated and understood, but I think if he did stop the 'normal' ITS behaviour, then he wouldn't be ITS, and as annoying as ITS can be (and he is EXTREMELY annoying at times), having a polite, sensible & knowledgeable ITS just wouldn't quite be the same somehow.
                              2005 - LBA-LHR-MAD-SCL (BMI/Iberia A319/A340)
                              2006 - EZE-MAD-LHR-LBA (BMI/Iberia A319/A340)
                              2007 - MAN-MBJ (Monarch B767)
                              2008 - MAN-CDG-HKG/HKG-CDG-MAN (Air France B777)
                              2008 - MAN-AMS-IAH/IAH-AMS-MAN (KLM B747 combi)

30/31 Mar 2010 - MAN-AMS-SIN (KLM B737/B777)
                              06 May 2010 - GOA-LGW-MAN (British Airways A320)

Comment

Hey Tom. Harden up for what? This site was created, I believe, for people who enjoy avaition to come together.
                                And for a few laughs...if you can't understand some people's personality then so be it. I've been zinged by ITS many times in the past...means nothing to me, I just gave it back.

not be "slammed" for being a foreigner
                                But being slammed for being an American and taking an America first opinion is ok to slam? Bit hypocritical don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X