The man who lived at the airport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The man who lived at the airport...

Don't know if any of you have ever heard about this one...

Pretty interesting. Don't you think?
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

I am sure some of the aviation nerds we got over here would love to live at an airport. However, very interesting. Do you happen to know the name of the movie made in 1994?

Comment

The man who lived at the airport...

I know I would, at least if i could also work and spot at the airport. I hear orlandoo has a nice hotel above the terminal, with acceptable rates and a good view .

Comment

Do you really believe that?

I don't, this is an urban legend/tall tale or whatever you wanna call it if he didn't have papers they would either try to get him new ones or deport him. And how could he live in a place and not take a shower, shave, brush his teeth. He would reek. Anyone who believes this is either high or must not be too intelligent .

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320

I don't, this is an urban legend/tall tale or whatever you wanna call it if he didn't have papers they would either try to get him new ones or deport him. And how could he live in a place and not take a shower, shave, brush his teeth. He would reek. Anyone who believes this is either high or must not be too intelligent .
          Ironically, it's true. A small amount of research will confirm. Maybe you're high, or are you just not too intelligent?
          I walked across an empty land
          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
          I felt the earth beneath my feet
          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Re: The man who lived at the airport...

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            I know I would, at least if i could also work and spot at the airport. I hear orlandoo has a nice hotel above the terminal, with acceptable rates and a good view .
            MCO has an awesome hotel.

You come out of the piers and look up and there are allt hese little balconies up to the ceiling. It's quite unervign to stand there as the hotel guets are up on their balconies looking at you. Neat none the less.

Comment

WTF?!?!?!?!
              www.acairport.com

Comment

Actually this is a true story. A number of articles have been written about this person and his situation over the years.

As a matter of fact a film (The Terminal) that is very loosley based on his life his life is slated to hit the theatres sometime this year, with Tom Hanks playing the lead role. However, Hollywood being Hollywood, they decided to shoot the film in Montreal (I forget which airport, probably Dorval) as opposed to CDG and base the story at JFK as well as changing the nationality of the subject from Iranian to Eastern European.

Thomas
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Can't wait to see the movie!
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Braniffnut

Actually this is a true story. A number of articles have been written about this person and his situation over the years.

As a matter of fact a film (The Terminal) that is very loosley based on his life his life is slated to hit the theatres sometime this year, with Tom Hanks playing the lead role. However, Hollywood being Hollywood, they decided to shoot the film in Montreal (I forget which airport, probably Dorval) as opposed to CDG and base the story at JFK as well as changing the nationality of the subject from Iranian to Eastern European.

Thomas
                    Hmmm. That should be an interesting movie. Thanks for the info!
                    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Oh yes, I know this story.

For Marcos, I remember the 1994 made movie staring Jean Rochefort who gets stranded because his passport was stolen/lost in the plane prior to docking, disculpe no me recuerdo el titelo de la pelicula, sorry I don't remember the title of the movie.

On the funnier side, I know a guy nicknamed Lulu (full first name Lucien) who is a road mender in Peyes , a village close to Nice. When not on duty, Lucien goes astride his moped to the airport for the time off he gets .....Until security became tense, he used to self-accomodate in some lavs, now he tries getting along by climbing in one of the trees dotting the parking lots .... His favorite day for going used to be Friday and his favourite time to renew his stay was late at night to see the UTA DC.10 departing south to Brazzaville and Johannesburg.
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Theres acctually a childrens book about living at the airport. I believe its called "Fly Away Home". It is not a funny one or anything either. It just tells the story of a boy and his dad who live at the airport. I dont remember the author either, but check it out.
                        It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                          Oh yes, I know this story.

For Marcos, I remember the 1994 made movie staring Jean Rochefort who gets stranded because his passport was stolen/lost in the plane prior to docking, disculpe no me recuerdo el titelo de la pelicula, sorry I don't remember the title of the movie.
                          C'est bon comme pour demander si le gars du vidéo-club l'a ?
                          Is it as interesting as to ask the guy at the movie store?

Comment

Working...
                          X