WAR ON IRAQ: Latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way to go Herpa!

Almost seems 'ole Pete is getting upset that we don't believe his stories :P :P :P

Comment

You two are such a proponents of war. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? I'd like to see you out there fighting. I'd like to see you having to deal with the loss of a comrade, I'd like to see you out there on the battlefield injured or taken captive. Yeah, but as you say, shit happens. I don't think you'd be so pro-war if you had to deal with all those brutalities of war.

You know what, there are a ton of people who fought on the FRONT LINES doing the REAL fighting in the previous Gulf War, it's interesting to see how the vast majority of them oppose this second war. Sure, it's easy to sit back in your homes watching biased news reports and unconditionally support this war, it normally is when you have no idea what the soldiers have to experience. If you did, I doubt you'd be so enthusiastic about invading Iraq.

Comment

Richard,
        I will forgive you for the diarea of the mouth! Let's get one or two things strait.

First, you know nothing about me or my life. So please, until the day comes when you can say anything about me intelligently, please quit. You are only making a fool of yourself.

This war is for the freedom of an oppressed people from an evil regime. If I sound enthusiastic about that, and you don't, then you could be judged by some as sadistic for wanting to keep those people suffering. I do support the war because I DON'T want anyone to have to suffer and die they way the Iraqi's have under Saddam, and for that exact reason I am enthusiastic.

Show me a real statistic from a creditable source about the so called majority of Gulf War Veterans that oppose this war. I have only heard this from unconfirmed liberal media sources with no actual numbers quoted, or from second rate countries that think they can make a difference in the out come of this.

I retired from the Navy 5 years ago. So don't tell me I have no "experience" with what is going on, or what others are dealing with now. Maybe if you were to see your family brutally tortured and killed as many Iraqi's have now and for the past 30 years you would prefer freedom, and welcome the war to overthrow the man responsible for your suffering?

Just one question for you Richard..... Why do you oppose freedom for the innocent people of Iraq, what is your interest in seeing them suffer and die at the hands of Saddam?

Let us all know why please.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
          Almost seems 'ole Pete is getting upset that we don't believe his stories :P :P :P
          I fear that reality will catch up with you soon. These are not stories, dear JeffM, these are the things you are not told by your press and government, because they don't want you to know at this time. If you did hear about it all, you may stop your mental support for the war. And that's what they do not want to happen.

Further up I read that you are ex-Navy, so claim to be informed about it all. JeffM, you are not, as I bet you have not been involved in any active war. If you had, you would speak differently.

Your training most probably includes all sorts of drill for the worst case, but still, it is different whether you train in the Nevada desert, right around the corner from the nearest McDonalds, with the enemy just being your colleagues from around the corner, or if you are in the Iraq desert and are faced with religious warriors that do everything to defend their religion. For the Iraqis it is not only a war against the invaders, it is a war against the muslims. And that, dear JeffM, is a huge difference.

Jihad is not just war, and certainly nothing you have been trained for in the Nevada desert!

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Well that last post was for Richard, but if you feel so inclined to respond to it that is fine with me.

"I fear that reality will catch up with you soon. " That's a good one. Thanks for your concern.

They fact that I retired from the Navy did not imply that I new everything. But so obiviously more then they Richard and yourself, and bet what you like, it's your money to loose. Please convert it to U.S. Dollars, as I have no use for a Euro.

Coming from a tiny little country like Switzerland, which is half the size of South Carolina, you have no idea what our training includes. Why don't you step up and tell us all about your experience in the military. Do you have any? Have you served your country voluntarily? Or where you made to serve? I am sure we all would love to hear this story.
            Informed? I am.

Comment

Serving in the military is mandatory here for all young men from the age of 20. So I did my share, for 23 years. I am now a civilian, having retired from the air force in 2001. So to reply to your question: No, I did not serve voluntarily, and I would NEVER do so. Even in our Army, which is purely a defence army, but certainly not for such aggressive army, air, navy or marine force like the USA have.

I do not believe that the sheer size of a country dictates how much its people know. I think that I know enough of the USA, its system and its forces, to build my own opinion. There is no reason for you to accept my opinion - feel welcome to have your own. But you may have to think about all this in a little while, after you have learnt of the true facts you now decline to accept.

And is it not cynical at its highest, when the president of the war driving nation number 1 is speaking to the public, two weeks after he started a war, and says to the battled Iraqi civilians:

- we bring aid
              - we bring hope

It is long since I have heard such a cynical speach anywhere. All he has brought to them so far is just CHAOS, INJURY and DEATH! And nobody realizes that he also brings injury and death to his very own people.

How could a crazy guy like GWB become president of a nation that once was one of the greatest on this planet?

Answers please.

Regards,
              Peter

Comment

JeffM seems to have everything pertaining to foreign affairs figured out, yet he doesn't know that the Swiss use the Swiss Frank and not the Euro.

Bravo Jeff, you'd better quit while you're ahead. Ooops, too late. .

Comment

Newswire: Saddam Hussain International Airport (SDA) in Baghdad assaulted by US troops.

Updated 1832GMT, April 3
                  Airline Route News
                  Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
                    You two are such a proponents of war. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? I'd like to see you out there fighting. I'd like to see you having to deal with the loss of a comrade, I'd like to see you out there on the battlefield injured or taken captive. Yeah, but as you say, shit happens. I don't think you'd be so pro-war if you had to deal with all those brutalities of war.

You know what, there are a ton of people who fought on the FRONT LINES doing the REAL fighting in the previous Gulf War, it's interesting to see how the vast majority of them oppose this second war. Sure, it's easy to sit back in your homes watching biased news reports and unconditionally support this war, it normally is when you have no idea what the soldiers have to experience. If you did, I doubt you'd be so enthusiastic about invading Iraq.
                    I did my time. My father has served in the army for 17 years now. He has had his share of deployments, and I can't tell you how many times I have been worried about him. I am not PRO war, nobody really wants war, but sometimes it has to happen.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I am not PRO war, nobody really wants war, but sometimes it has to happen.
                      Herpa2003, ahhh, yes, this is the first time you are stating this. All your past posts clearly said something else.

Headshaking
                      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by aerpix
                        And nobody realizes that he also brings injury and death to his very own people.
                        Please elighten us where this happens. Since I live here I think I would know if my own people were being killed....whoops I forgot I'm blindly following. Hate it when that happens.
                        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Wouldn't you call your GI's that are killed on foreign soil your own people?

Regards,
                          Peter

Comment

Yes I would. Is Bush killing them though? Military service in the US is voluntary. Every single person over there chose to be in the military. And the US is greatful for there service.
                            Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Bush did not kill them himself, but became responsible for these casualties upon declaring war. Yes, signing up is voluntary, but once you have signed up, you have to follow orders. I believe that not many of the GIs in Iraq are there because it was their own personal wish to go and fight. They are there because they were commandeered to go there.

Regards,
                              Peter

Comment

Well, like I said before, in war people die They are trained for this.
                                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X