This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darrenvox View Post
    ill go with cork, but thats just a random guess...no idea what the picture looks like or what page its on...could someone repost the image again so i can take a more calculated guess
    No photos here, just word-clues spread over posts

Comment

• by built the wrong way i mean geographically and for the local winds sometimes they are too strong for a jet 2 land in hint hint

2 massive clues there, dont forget the record it holds.

Comment

• Sheffield City Airport?
        Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• youre within 100 miles

Comment

• Edinburgh Airport ?
            Suffered from severe crosswinds and is served by Jet 2.

local winds sometimes they are too strong for a jet 2 land in hint hint
            The record ? Something to do with the......RACE THE RUNWAY BACK AT EDINBURGH AIRPORT
            Charity drag contest brings new meaning to the phrase 'airport run'
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• nonononononono south south south, so close, big clue, about 1:30 hous drive from where i live, Gateshead.

Comment

• Robin Hood Airport, Doncaster, Sheffield.
                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• noooooooooooooo but sooooooooooooooooo cccccllllllllooooooooooossssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Leeds Bradford?

Comment

• Well, Leeds Bradford holds the record for being the highest UK airport but I'm damned if I can find any evidence of the runway being the wrong alignment although a runway alignment of 14/32 is odd for the UK where most prevailing winds are in the region of 09/27.

Comment

• YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
                        YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
                        YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
                        YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                        EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                        EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                        EEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
                        SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LBA has the UK's highest runway and the runway is built in the wrong direction, famous for crosswinds.

Comment

• KGEG...you take it. I'm on holiday with not a lot of internet time.

Comment

• This airport only has 3 destinations and a 6,000 foot runway.

Comment

• would this be in Europe?

Comment

• No. And its on an island. And the three destinations are done by three different carriers.

Comment

Working...
                                X