X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juulke View Post
    fokker F-VIIa-3m?
    That's a very good guess Juul but unfortunately not correct. Here's a bit of fuselage and wing to help you:

Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-11-03, 20:49.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• It's a FK-50. Most likely HB-AMO from Alpar.
      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
        It's a FK-50. Most likely HB-AMO from Alpar.
        Excellent Peter!.... I am pleased (and not surprised ) that you got this!

You have control!

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Let's see how long this one takes.

Comment

• No one wants to give it a try? Ok, a bit of a hint. I won't upload a bigger photo yet, cause I think that would give it away.

This plane is not ETOPS rated, but the definition of ETOPS (Engine Turns, Or Pilot Swims) is valid nonetheless.

Comment

No one wants to give it a try? Ok, a bit of a hint. I won't upload a bigger photo yet, cause I think that would give it away.

This plane is not ETOPS rated, but the definition of ETOPS (Engine Turns, Or Pilot Swims) is valid nonetheless.

Mmmm, sounds to me like you're suggesting that this is a single engined transport... which, if correct, blows my theory out.

Comment

• Originally posted by HB-IHC View Post
                Mmmm, sounds to me like you're suggesting that this is a single engined transport... which, if correct, blows my theory out.
                You can consider your theory at least partially blown. I don't know what your original theory was so I say partial for now. But I hazard a guess that your theory is completely wrong.
                Last edited by Petertenthije; 2009-11-09, 23:12.

Comment

• Still nothing then. OK then, you know the previous hint I made. You deducted one bit of information... but you made one assumption too much.

Also, if you read between the lines you will find there are two more bits of information in my previous hint. You're not the only one who does subtleties.

Comment

You can consider your theory at least partially blown. I don't know what your original theory was so I say partial for now. But I hazard a guess that your theory is completely wrong.
                    As my post implies, my theory was simply that "this is a multi-engined aircraft" and, as per my response ... "It sounds like you're suggesting... and if you are" = I'm still undecided as to the exact meaning of your hint.

I have made one assumption with this photograph, namely that it is an aircraft. Having said that, I'm fully aware that it could also be a land or water craft, but that has absolutely no bearing on my theory and, since it is a theory, I'm not assuming it is multi-engined, I'm merely looking to prove or disprove that theory.

There's one big problem here: this theory cannot, ever, be partially right or wrong because...

there are only, ever, four possibilities for engine configuration:

A. Single Engine
                    B. Multi Engine
                    c. Neither (no engine)
                    D. Both

1. If it's a multi engine aircraft, then my theory is correct.

2. If is not a multi engined aircraft, then my theory is incorrect.

3. If it's a glider, the only sense that the 'valid definition' could make is if it's 'engine' (power source by definition) was a metaphor for the forces of nature, since those forces provide the aircraft with power (gravity, thermals, wind, heat etc.)

However, irrespective of what you mean, the only relevant question to my theory is: "Does it have more than one engine?"... and, if it is a glider, then my theory is either correct (more than one metaphorical engine (thermals, heat etc.)) or incorrect (no engine).

It must, simply, be either 1 or 2, irrespective of your clue and any possible interpretation that anyone could make of that hint.

4. Since it could not be both a single engined and multi engined aircraft at the same time, if there were an aircraft which switched between configurations (multi / single), then a photograph would only ever capture one of the two categories so, it also can only ever be 1 or 2.

It is therefore impossible for my theory to be "partially" correct / incorrect.

QED

Assumptions?... I'm still only asuming that it is an aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by HB-IHC View Post
                      Mmmm, sounds to me like you're suggesting that this is a single engined transport
                      You're assuming/suggesting two things:

1) single engined
                      2) a transport plane

One is correct, the other is not. I'll leave it to you to guess which is correct but that should be easy.

Comment

You're assuming/suggesting two things:

1) single engined
                        2) a transport plane

One is correct, the other is not. I'll leave it to you to guess which is correct but that should be easy.

Peter, I realise I have an advantage here which I am merely just lucky to have, but I think this could be a misunderstanding in language (and your English is fantastic!).

I'm not sure how many small misunderstandings we have but there are only 2 possibilities that matter here.

1) An assumption is something taken as fact which the person making the asumption has not established as a fact.

2) Other than taking "this is an aircraft" as fact, I'm only saying that one interpretation of your hint is that this is a "single engined transport".

This is a completely different statement to "single engined transport plane".

Why?

Because the first says: "it is a (mode of) transport (i.e. "it is an aircraft" in this case) with one engine"...

... and the second says: "it is an aircraft with one engine which is being used as a transporter"

As you know "Transport Plane" doesn't refer directly to a type of plane, rather it is a category which relates to how the plane is being used (even a glider could be used as a transporter, for example: if it was used to deliver mail between two airfields).

So, simply, I was running with the possibility that it was a multi engined aircraft but I think your hint might be saying: "this is a single engined aircraft".

Given what you say above, I think I am probably correct in interpreting your hint that way but, in order to verify whether my guess is correct or not:

Is this a single engined aircraft?
                        Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-11-12, 10:43.

Comment

• Yes, it is single engined. And to get rid of the transport or not category discussion I'll even reveal it's a fighter.

Comment

Yes, it is single engined. And to get rid of the transport or not category discussion I'll even reveal it's a fighter.
                            Cool, cheers Peter

Now for a bit more detective work!

Comment

• OK... I haven't got a clue what this is so here's a guess out of the blue:

F16?

Comment

• One more hint then: tell the pilot(s) that they are merely flying a transport and surely you will end up in the harbour.

Comment

Working...
                                X