What do you do when flying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do, also with a virtual airline, Southwest Virtual Airlines
    Oh, really! Well, you're in luck...you have a retired captain for your virtual airline right here on these very forums

Allow me to introduce:

:drumroll:

Captain (Retd.) Scott Kiel, Callsign: SWA733Captain.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by LUVtofly737s
      Anyone fly online using VATSIM and SQ Box?
      Last time that question as asked, it was found that everybody except for me (and you) hate VATSIM.

I'm both a pilot and a controller on there, and I also fly for several virtual airlines including Virtual Air Canada and Virtual Flight Options.

Comment

That's good to here.

Really annoys me to see people bash such a great thing, have no clue why nobody likes it, but here's my take... reason everyone hates it is because they cannot fly well enough to "make" it on VATSIM. Simply put, they don't know how to fly. That green line is their best friend, leave the realistic flying to us.

So yea, everyone who hates VATSIM and the wonders it offers to pilots, go follow your green line, and attempt to fly that CATIIIB ILS to mins, but don't go below the DH, then you'll have to attempt a go-around, god forbid one of those.

Anyway, still learning on the controller side, with ZTL, fly for SWVA and West Jet VA. Also, I know Scott Kiel, used to be the Orlando Hub Manager there.

www.iflyswa.com <- Flying done right!
        www.georgewbush.com <- Always vote Republican!

Comment

Aloha,

Well the longest flight Ive ever done is SIN - LHR non-stop, which took 13.8 hours from start up to shut down.

I generally just; eat a bit, listen to some great music on my walkman, and read, calculate fuel loads, consistantly monitor the estimated arrival time, plan my descent, and arrival into my city of arrival.

I virtual fly for the "Flying Tigers Group" which comprises of; Air France, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Pacific, Aloha, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Hawaiian, JAL, Lufthansa, Malaysian, Singapore, South African, Sri Lankan, Swiss, Thai, Vietnam and Virgin Atlantic.
          Its great fun, and a challenge at the same time, considering that my average flight time is about 3 hours in duration.
          Due to the fact that I fly for the Virtual Airline(s) I have to try and do all flights in real time.

HNL
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahalo and Safe Flying

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
            Captain (Retd.) Scott Kiel, Callsign: SWA733Captain.
            Thanks Tanuj. And yes, I have retired to the real world

Originally posted by LUVtofly737s
            That's good to here.
            Good to know you use proper grammer, too.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
              Good to know you use proper grammer, too.
              Err...Scott, might want to check your own spelling before commenting on someone else's. "Grammar is spelled with an "a" not an "e".
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I didn't comment on anyone's spelling

Comment

Then what was wrong with the grammar on his statement:
                  "That's good to here". Only thing wrong with it is the spelling... :P
                  George R. Widener
                  Oshkosh, WI USA
                  Aircraft Photos Here
                  Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

No, he spelled here right. He just should have used hear.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                      No, he spelled here right. He just should have used hear.
                      That's a spelling error.
                      Just give up Scott. :P
                      Will F.
                      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Whatever, you guys are idiots :P

Comment

I usually do homework while flying FS or I put a CD in & have some "IFE" while monitoring the instruments. I shut the music & the AP off before I land though.

My longest flight was ATL-CMH, although I forget how long it was with a 757. I had a situation yesterday in a DL 767-300 MAD-BCN which was a bit "different"....ATC had me landing ILS Rwy 25 & another guy landing going the opposite direction. I had to go around, which made my flight a little longer & may have been the longest I've done- a whopping hour & 10 minutes.

The only real "trips" I've done were CMH-PIT-CRW-CVG-CMH w/ a Learjet & SDF-ORD-DAY-SDF with a UPS 757.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

My longest completed flight was NRT-EWR on a CO777 I took off at like 1AM and then I went to bed, got up the next morning and landed it. The longest Ive actually sat in front of the controls is five hours from SAN-JAX on a CX777, dont ask why that route and that aircraft. Now I insist on flying real routes actually flown by airlines with the actual aircraft.

Continental Airlines + America West Airlines +James Bond= Happiness

Comment

usually on my 16-18hr flights from US to Sydney i just let it run and come back to it at the end of the day. But most of my flights are on 2X.

Comment

Working...
                              X