Issue with SSG748 in XP12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with SSG748 in XP12

Hi guys, I bought the SSG748 few days ago(XPlane-12), and there are some issues with it.

First of all, if you try to use the FMS and set a route, it doesn't show you the SID and STAR in the departure and arrival page, even thought I have the newest navigation data, which works out fine in other aircrafts. In the SSG748, it only shows you runways.
    The second one is a bit odd. When I first flew the SSG748, the only problem was with the FMS. But recently I found that the aircraft itself couldn't move. When I push the throttle to TO/GA, the aircraft wouldn't move a single bit. The parking breaks are off and the auto breaks is at OFF. HOW?

Originally posted by CARBONOX CN View Post
    Hi guys, I bought the SSG748 few days ago(XPlane-12), and there are some issues with it.

First of all, if you try to use the FMS and set a route, it doesn't show you the SID and STAR in the departure and arrival page, even thought I have the newest navigation data, which works out fine in other aircrafts. In the SSG748, it only shows you runways.
    The second one is a bit odd. When I first flew the SSG748, the only problem was with the FMS. But recently I found that the aircraft itself couldn't move. When I push the throttle to TO/GA, the aircraft wouldn't move a single bit. The parking breaks are off and the auto breaks is at OFF. HOW?
    Hm. First of all you have to help me. I just try to find this Boeing 747. And I failed!

What I have found is the name behind the provider of your aircraft: Supercritical Simulation Group, or SSG . And I have also found one website which is obviously operated by SSG.

The Supercritical Simulations Group (SSG) was formed in 2011, to provide quality add-ons of modern airliners for the X-Plane community.
    Hm. Now I know why I probably can't help you. I am not an X-Plane man.

But this thing still makes me curious. Can you show me an online vendor who is able to sell me the SSG748?

PS: I am rather a p3dv4.5 man,
    although I have to confess, everytime when people show me XP11/XP12 pictures or videos exactly here in this forum section, I must say, not bad either.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Hm. Now, you're not a shiny new member, online here in the forum since almost 1 year. So, you have written your 5th your 15th and your 55th forum entry.
      And with your 105th forum entry you'll see, this forum can do magic.... ...

For people like you who I like to see again soon, I can say, what the biggest bird in my simulator is. It is not this one, but that's very very close (I also own the 748_)...
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Lufthansa 747-400 at Vancouver (2023).jpg Views:	0 Size:	455.0 KB ID:	1163979
      D-ABVW. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My provider for the B747 who I fly is not yours. My provider sits in Vegas. So, let's see if I'm able to at least follow your difficulties,
      although I don't own the same software than you.

1. You like to set a route in the 747 fmc. A little difference, but here in my 747 simulator, this thing which we all need (more or less..) is called fmc, flight management computer.
      Now. I don't know how many space I have here in this forum entry, assumed almost unlimited (?).
      I can show you 10 to 15 steps which you MUST check before you enter the route in your 747 flight management computer.

Now you've given me a task. Without that I sit in my simulator I should go through the first fmc steps.

One of the first things if not the very first thing which I enter into my fmc is called "POS". Here, your 747 asks you to confirm your actual position. Most of the time,
      that should be an airport, so, you'll enter something like 'EDDL' or 'PANC' or something like that.

So, fine enough so far. But I can say that the following procedure, at least in my 747 simulator, is not arbitrary. There is an order in which your 747 likes to be prepared for t/o.

If Alex allows me to continue... But I can say, at least here in my 747 simulator, I'll need much more space to describe what happens before I use the "RTE" button.

Not for nothing, the 747 handbook is a little bit more than only 5 or 15 pages.

PS: I know that here in this forum we have alot of experienced people who can correct me concerning the use of a Boeing 777 fmc or Boeing 747 fmc.
      Pls, feel free to correct me if you like!

Comment

If Alex allows me to continue again...

When I first flew the SSG748, the only problem was with the FMC. But recently I found that the aircraft itself couldn't move.
        Well. For people who are here on board this forum since less than one year, I always try to avoid mean questions, or arrogant questions.

But in your case I have to know one answer.

Which were the a/c types that you have flown before you decided to switch to the SSG748? Three a/c types suffice, if one of them is a jet aircraft.

PS: I don't ask this rather "mean" question without a reason. I was not able to switch from the fsx motor glider directly to Randazzo's B744. And I am here since more than 14 years.
        So. Your answers?

Comment

Working...
        X