Fake registration allowance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake registration allowance?

I know it is best to ask about a rejection before appealing, but in this case I thought that that would not be necessary. I guess I was proven wrong. I uploaded an aircraft that has no way of finding any info at all on it, including CN, exact model, and previous registration. I received a rejection for bad registration. (It has an unofficial registration painted on). After appeal, the admin said that JP does not allow fake registrations. This contradicts other uploads I have seen including this, Q-APPA. | Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee | Private | Ottawa.Plane.Spotter | JetPhotos I do not understand what this fake registration does better than the one I have. (C-BASS72) Thanks.

Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
    I know it is best to ask about a rejection before appealing, but in this case I thought that that would not be necessary. I guess I was proven wrong. I uploaded an aircraft that has no way of finding any info at all on it, including CN, exact model, and previous registration. I received a rejection for bad registration. (It has an unofficial registration painted on). After appeal, the admin said that JP does not allow fake registrations. This contradicts other uploads I have seen including this, Q-APPA. | Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee | Private | Ottawa.Plane.Spotter | JetPhotos I do not understand what this fake registration does better than the one I have. (C-BASS72) Thanks.
    the reg info of the photo in question is left blank, which you can do when you can't find the reg and/or c/n.

Comment

Originally posted by Guji.RPMD View Post

the reg info of the photo in question is left blank, which you can do when you can't find the reg and/or c/n.
      Ok, wow, you are correct. This has been changed since I uploaded my aircraft. I can 100% guarantee that before I appealed my rejection, both uploads had the reg Q-APPA listed, and now an admin must of updated that after I mentioned it in my appeal. This still seems like a very unfair rejection, as if I originally saw the registration left blank in the other upload then I would have done the same in mine. How come the other pictures were accepted and then adjusted by mods, whereas mine was simply rejected?

Comment

We do not use fake registrations. If it is possible to find out something about the history of the aircraft we use the last known registration. In your case I also tried to find something but wasn't succesful. In your case please upload the photo with no registration.

Regards,
        Sebastian

Comment

I would like to add that I only originally submitted that photo as Q-APPA since there was already another photo of that aircraft listed under that reg. For any other fake reg I always leave it blank

Comment

Originally posted by Ottawa.Plane.Spotter View Post
            I would like to add that I only originally submitted that photo as Q-APPA since there was already another photo of that aircraft listed under that reg. For any other fake reg I always leave it blank
            Originally posted by EDDFspotter View Post
            We do not use fake registrations. If it is possible to find out something about the history of the aircraft we use the last known registration. In your case I also tried to find something but wasn't succesful. In your case please upload the photo with no registration.

Regards,
            Sebastian
            Yes, I understand now that fake registrations are not allowed, and I can just upload again without the reg. And yes Ottawa.Plane.Spotter I understand that you were just following what was there already. But the original reason I didn't leave it blank was seeing this other fake reg in the database, so I assumed they were allowed. If the other uploads were changed after the fact, couldn't mine have also been accepted and then changed by admins? It just bugs me to hurt my acceptance ratio and take an upload slot when Q-APPA was accepted and then changed later by admins. Sorry to cause a big fuss over such a small issue but just seems unfair to me is all.

Comment

Working...
            X