Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing categories

Hi

Had this rejected for missing categories https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11191682 but I don't know which, as its a twin prop its not a "small prop" and I do not believe its lighter than air? can a screener let me know?

cheers

Small prop category is used for all planes with capacity up to 12 passengers - no matter how many engines they have.

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
      Small prop category is used for all planes with capacity up to 12 passengers - no matter how many engines they have.
      Thanks for the info.

Has that been a recent change of criteria? As you say 12, the guidelines say 10, and does the passenger include crew? How do you know if it's 1 crew aircraft or two? It is essentially meaning you have to look up the seating plan of each aircraft now, which of course varies per customer specification?

this is the first time I've had a rejection for a twin prop regarding the small prop category when I've never used it before on any twin prop aircraft

Comment

Ah it's 10 as per guidelines, my mistake, apologies

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
          Ah it's 10 as per guidelines, my mistake, apologies
          But what about crew?

Comment

Very interesting question,There are FAA regulations to refer to, but I'm not sure if they apply here.

Sec. 135.411 applicability

(a) This subpart prescribes rules in addition to those in other parts of this chapter for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations for each certificate holder as follows:

(1) Aircraft that are type certificated for a passenger seating configuration, excluding any pilot seat, of nine seats or less, shall be maintained under Parts 91 and 43 of this chapter and Secs. 135.415, 135.416, 135.417, 135.421, and 135.423. An approved aircraft inspection program may be used under Sec. 135.419.

(2) Aircraft that are type certificated for a passenger seating configuration, excluding any pilot seat, of 10 seats or more, shall be maintained under a maintenance program in Secs. 135.415, 135.416, 135.417, 135.422, and 135.424 through 135.443.

Comment

To be fair, it's quite obvious your upload is a small prop. Indeed as guideline we have the as Tomasz said. But common sense is very applicable for this one to. It's hardly bigger than a Cessna 182 for example.
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                To be fair, it's quite obvious your upload is a small prop. Indeed as guideline we have the as Tomasz said. But common sense is very applicable for this one to. It's hardly bigger than a Cessna 182 for example.
                As I mentioned before, its the first time i've had a rejection for a twin prop aircraft withot using small prop category, which is why I questioned it, as small "prop" implies 1 engine

Comment

Working...
                X