Cessna Citation Jet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cessna Citation Jet Question

I hate to be the "grammar police" for the names are aircraft but the one I just can't get over is how Cessna Citations are named here when choosing to upload. For example lets look at the CJ4: Here in the database, there are options for:
    1. Cessna 525C Citationjet CJ4
    2. Cessna 525C Citationjet 4
    3. Cessna 525C Citationjet CJ4+
    4. Cessna 525C Citationjet 4 Gen 2

First, the CJ4+ does not exist, the actual name is the Gen 2. (The CJ3 however, has both the cj3+ and cj3 gen 2 but that's besides the point). Second, here is where I believe things should be rectified. Is it a citationjet 4 or a citationjet CJ4? If we are going on what I think it should be, i think it should be the former because when you say citaitonjet CJ4, your just shortening the word "citationjet" into the term CJ4 where it has already been stated before in the name Cessna 525C Citationjet CJ4, so its essentially getting stated twice. In summary I think it should be optoins 2 and 4 listed above, where 3 does not exist and 1 is "incorrect".

There is similar decisions to be made on the CJ3, CJ2 and CJ1 model choices on the website as well as ones that don't have a letter after the 525 that are CJ2s, CJ3s, and CJ4s, which should be 525A, 525B, and 525C respectively. I think these aircraft should also be looked through with these names and changed to the correct ones and the incorrect options removed so that they cannot be chosen when uploading so that when someone wants to see photos of ALL the Cessna 525C Citationjet 4 aircraft, they truly see all of the model not just some of them, where then others have a name different only in the database such as Cessna 525C Citationjet CJ4 but are in reality the same model.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

I agree it is a mess. This is due to data from the old site which is very difficult to get rid of. CJ4 should be ok now.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X