Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/N or USN BuNo is 124692. I would expect the C/N to different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jez View Post
      S/N or USN BuNo is 124692. I would expect the C/N to different?
      Well that's NAVY practice but the FAA gives this as cn/sn.

If you look up a common 747 (example) it will give you the c/n as s/n.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• I'd like to upload an old papeprpint scan of the Candair Challenger N512BC from Global Aviation.
        But I can't find any information about the correct type of Challenger and the serial number.

Anyone here to know where I have to search?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
          I'd like to upload an old papeprpint scan of the Candair Challenger N512BC from Global Aviation.
          But I can't find any information about the correct type of Challenger and the serial number.

CL601-3A c/n: 5125

Rgds

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
            Well that's NAVY practice but the FAA gives this as cn/sn.

If you look up a common 747 (example) it will give you the c/n as s/n.
            Not really interested what the FAA reference is and they've most likely just entered the BuNo in their DB to fill a field. Really only interested what the Chance-Vought reference is.

Comment

Not really interested what the FAA reference is and they've most likely just entered the BuNo in their DB to fill a field. Really only interested what the Chance-Vought reference is.
              Ok if you can find the real cn you are free to correct our 'faulty entries'.
              I will have a go to.

Maybe an appeal is worth a try with reference to this thread. otherwise I advice you to upload them with the buno as cn.

With many warbirds its difficult to find the correct cn.

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
                I'd like to upload an old papeprpint scan of the Candair Challenger N512BC from Global Aviation.

Yup. Go here, put the registration in the top search box and hit search. You'll get a full history shown.

For anyone needing this kind of information it's always a good first idea to Google "*manufacturer* production list" where *manufacturer* is Canadair Challenger, Cessna Citation, Piper Malibu, Airbus A321 etc.
                Most airliner production lists can be found here on the database tag or on www.airfleets.net
                Last edited by brianw999; 2012-01-12, 09:02.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Brian and Erwin: Thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                    Ok if you can find the real cn you are free to correct our 'faulty entries'.
                    I will have a go to.

Maybe an appeal is worth a try with reference to this thread. otherwise I advice you to upload them with the buno as cn.

With many warbirds its difficult to find the correct cn.
                    The 'other' site has accepted it without the C/N. In my experience, they are less particular about uploads without C/Ns. I'll refrain from posting a link. Thanks for the suggestions. As long as it's on one of the two big sites, I'm generally happy. I do have another shot of the aircraft and as I don't have the time to do the detective work to get the correct C/N and am not willing to enter an erroneous C/N, I guess it will get uploaded to only one site.

Comment

The 'other' site has accepted it without the C/N. In my experience, they are less particular about uploads without C/Ns. I'll refrain from posting a link. Thanks for the suggestions. As long as it's on one of the two big sites, I'm generally happy. I do have another shot of the aircraft and as I don't have the time to do the detective work to get the correct C/N and am not willing to enter an erroneous C/N, I guess it will get uploaded to only one site.
                      After a long search it seems that the c/n of this orsair is not known. Like I said you can send in corrections to correct our incorrect entries.

Rgds,

Erwin

Comment

• Thanks for looking Erwin. I did explain in my appeal that the C/N used in the DB is wrong, but I guess that's not the way to go about it. Either that, or the screeners are not willing to believe accepted shots have been accepted with errors?

Comment

Thanks for looking Erwin. I did explain in my appeal that the C/N used in the DB is wrong, but I guess that's not the way to go about it. Either that, or the screeners are not willing to believe accepted shots have been accepted with errors?
                          We can but if some sources sy that the buno is the cn we tend to believe that. But we can make mistakes. Maybe your message was overlooked, it all can happen.

You should know how many info changes we make on allready accepted shots.
                          We do make mistakes on info from time to time that's the truth.
                          So that's why you and other photographers can correct info on every shot in the dbase to get our dbase as up to date as possible.

Erwin

Comment

• I uploaded a picture of N51LG which according to the FAA is a TBM 700 c/n 423 so i used this info. However I got a rejection for 'aircraft' saying it is a TBM 850 (which is painted on the side) - I appealled this and it was still rejected.

Surely if the official records state that it is a TBM 700 then that should be good enough for the site.

Comment

• I have a slight idea, that this could be related to certification thingies. N51LG was born as TBM-850 ( with a former reg of N850DP) and is listed in other online ressources as TBM-850 (for example LAASDATA). And now comes the clue (source: Wikipedia)
                              TBM 700A
                              Initial production version with one Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-64 turboprop engine.
                              TBM 700B
                              Variant with wide entrance door, increased maximum zero fuel weight and other improvements.
                              TBM 700C1
                              Improved version with rear unpressurised cargo compartment, reinforced structure, new air conditioning system and other improvements.
                              TBM 700C2
                              C1 with increased maximum take off weight.
                              TBM 700N
                              Variant with increased maximum cruise/climb power, one Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-66D turboprop engine, produced as the TBM850
                              TBM 850
                              Production name for the TBM 700N.

So, the FAA lists all TB-700 subtypes simply as TBM-700. We list it under their production names, from TBM-700A up to TBM-850.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification - have re-submitted as a TBM 850

Comment

Working...
                                X