Inquiry about the 48 hours Guideline of Hot Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry about the 48 hours Guideline of Hot Photos

So I uploaded this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9933749) as hot at UTC 23:02 on 2/22. Given the first photo of the new livery was accepted at approximately UTC 2:00 am on 2/21, at the time of screening, UTC 00:01 am on 2/23, the time is still within 48 hours since the first photo was accepted. I then received an invalid hot rejection stating "Airframe already on DB in new scheme." I appealed, stating the aforementioned timelines regarding the uploads as well as the reason why the 48 hour rule applied for this photo: Upload Guideline Section 2.5 Hot Photo "3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)".

At UTC 06:08 on 2/23, I received the result of my appeal that says my photo " Does not qualify for 48 hour window". I protest that by the time the photo was first screened it is a valid hot and it only falls out of the 48 hour window because of the false rejection initially. Now I'd like to know if there is any misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the guidelines on my side in this process. I'd also like a clarification about whether the 48 hours refers to upload time or the screening time of a photo from the time that the first one was accepted.

Thanks for the reading, and I await your response.

Originally posted by Knight Hammer View Post
    So I uploaded this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9933749) as hot at UTC 23:02 on 2/22. Given the first photo of the new livery was accepted at approximately UTC 2:00 am on 2/21, at the time of screening, UTC 00:01 am on 2/23, the time is still within 48 hours since the first photo was accepted. I then received an invalid hot rejection stating "Airframe already on DB in new scheme." I appealed, stating the aforementioned timelines regarding the uploads as well as the reason why the 48 hour rule applied for this photo: Upload Guideline Section 2.5 Hot Photo "3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)".

At UTC 06:08 on 2/23, I received the result of my appeal that says my photo " Does not qualify for 48 hour window". I protest that by the time the photo was first screened it is a valid hot and it only falls out of the 48 hour window because of the false rejection initially. Now I'd like to know if there is any misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the guidelines on my side in this process. I'd also like a clarification about whether the 48 hours refers to upload time or the screening time of a photo from the time that the first one was accepted.

Thanks for the reading, and I await your response.
    It's not a 'new livery'. The new livery has been on the DB for two months (since 2021/12/23). It doesn't count as a 'new livery' every time it is applied to a new type.

Hope that clears up your question.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

It's not a 'new livery'. The new livery has been on the DB for two months (since 2021/12/23). It doesn't count as a 'new livery' every time it is applied to a new type.

Hope that clears up your question.
      Got it. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I have a similar question (sorry for hijacking this thread but think probably not worth a new topic)..

Yesterday (26th Feb) I captured the new ITA livery of this jet https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/EI-DSW, but recieved the invalid hot rejection.

Are we saying the ITA livery shouldn't be considered as hot at all? There was a photo prior my uplaod being accepted, which makes me to think this is a valid hot.

Or Are we saying the 48hours rule not applied here? And to make this even more confusing, now there is another shot uplaoded even later on 27th being accepted as hot as well.

Tbf I don't mind to wait and submit again for the regular queue but it is annnoying to lose a slot for 2 weeks like this.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/52526

Comment

Originally posted by X Pan View Post
          I have a similar question (sorry for hijacking this thread but think probably not worth a new topic)..

Yesterday (26th Feb) I captured the new ITA livery of this jet https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/EI-DSW, but recieved the invalid hot rejection.

Are we saying the ITA livery shouldn't be considered as hot at all? There was a photo prior my uplaod being accepted, which makes me to think this is a valid hot.

Or Are we saying the 48hours rule not applied here? And to make this even more confusing, now there is another shot uplaoded even later on 27th being accepted as hot as well.

Tbf I don't mind to wait and submit again for the regular queue but it is annnoying to lose a slot for 2 weeks like this.
          New livery first appeared on the DB 23-12-2021. It was hot for 48 hours after that date. After that 48-hour period, only the first image of each reg. in the new livery will be hot. The only exception to this is if two (or more) images are uploaded to the queue at the same time, until the first one is screened, all will be given hot status. After that, it will revert to the regular guidelines.

For the reg. you gave as an example, it seems the third (most recent) was accepted as hot by mistake.

Comment

New livery first appeared on the DB 23-12-2021. It was hot for 48 hours after that date. After that 48-hour period, only the first image of each reg. in the new livery will be hot. The only exception to this is if two (or more) images are uploaded to the queue at the same time, until the first one is screened, all will be given hot status. After that, it will revert to the regular guidelines.

For the reg. you gave as an example, it seems the third (most recent) was accepted as hot by mistake.
            Thanks for the explaination here. As always, this is very useful!
            https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/52526

Comment

Originally posted by X Pan View Post

Thanks for the explaination here. As always, this is very useful!
              No problem, and I apologize that sometimes the guidelines aren't too clear and that mistakes sometimes happen

Comment

Hello!

Today, a hot photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11011555) was accepted. The reg number on vertical stabilizer appears to be removed. My question is, does it go under 48 hour rule? Can I upload the photo of this aircraft as hot (within 48 hours?

Thanks and best regards,
                Arseni

Comment

I have a similar question.  
                  A shot I uploaded today was rejected for Invalid Hot.
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

There is one shot in the database.  
                  N777SA. Boeing 777-FZB. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The shooting date and upload are the same day!

Why doesn't the 48 hour rule apply?

Comment

Originally posted by arseni628 View Post
                    Hello!

Today, a hot photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11011555) was accepted. The reg number on vertical stabilizer appears to be removed. My question is, does it go under 48 hour rule? Can I upload the photo of this aircraft as hot (within 48 hours?
                    Only the first image qualifies for hot, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_F View Post
                      I have a similar question.  
                      A shot I uploaded today was rejected for Invalid Hot.
                      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

There is one shot in the database.  
                      N777SA. Boeing 777-FZB. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The shooting date and upload are the same day!

Why doesn't the 48 hour rule apply?
                      See:

Only the first image qualifies for hot, so no.
                      48-hour rule generally only applies to new special schemes. Addition/removal of sticker, updated liveries, etc.. do not get the 48-hour rule.

Comment

48-hour rule generally only applies to new special schemes. Addition/removal of sticker, updated liveries, etc.. do not get the 48-hour rule.
                        I misinterpreted the 48h rule.  
                        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X