No announcement yet.

Too much Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not seeing noise, but soft and heat hazed. You need to be much closer to the aircraft, by either zooming in more or being closer to the aircraft.

I am a 6Dmk2 user and it's really good for aviation photography. I do think you need to invest in some good lenses however. My principle spotting lens is a Canon 100-400L mk2. This L lens makes the most of the Canon sensor. To be blunt, using that Tamron lens on a 6d2 is like putting the cheapest grade gas in a Ferrari and expecting it to max out on performance...it simply wont happen.

The 787 photo you posted is suffering from massive heat distortion.
    Last edited by B7772ADL; 2023-04-02, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
      It's never a mistake to buy a full frame. Perhaps the use of a more performing optics should be considered. I use a Tamron 100-400 VR full frame on both my 6D II and the old 70D both with great satisfaction.
      Here is the central point: what is the use of a full frame if I then use a bottle bottom lens?
      However, if you are too far away and have to zoom in on your subject, you will inevitably see noise (which is technically not noise but the structure of the sensor). This means that your lens, in addition to having inherent poor quality, is simply too short for that distance.
      Excuse my bad english.
      Thank you )
      I will try better Lens 100-400 may be and se the result

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
        I'm not seeing noise, but soft and heat hazed. You need to be much closer to the aircraft, by either zooming in more or being closer to the aircraft.

I am a 6Dmk2 user and it's really good for aviation photography. I do think you need to invest in some good lenses however. My principle spotting lens is a Canon 100-400L mk2. This L lens makes the most of the Canon sensor. To be blunt, using that Tamron lens on a 6d2 is like putting the cheapest grade gas in a Ferrari and expecting it to max out on performance...it simply wont happen.

Thank you i needed to hear that i will try to rent Canon 100-400L and see the result with it
        Thank you )

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

Of course you can also think about buying a Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM, but what do you do in the end?
          I say that Tamron is an excellent compromise and, reviews in hand, even better than its Canon counterpart.
          Accepted photos from the last two years are taken with this lens and the last year with the 6D II

Comment

Working...
          X