Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time between same registrations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time between same registrations?

How much time is allowed between uploading the same registration when.....?

1) I've caught the same registration at the same airport (example: I attend a fly-in at "airport A" in Aug 2022 and upload, then attend a fly-in May 2022 at same "airport A" and catch the same registration)

-and-

2) I've caught the same registration at a different airport (example: I attend a fly-in at "airport A" in Aug 2022 and upload, then attend a fly-in May 2022 at "airport B" and catch the same registration)

Thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris. From my understanding and experience:

1) So long as the images do not look "similar", it doesn't matter how much time has passed. Say you have a sky shot of N777UA's port side departing and a sky shot of N777UA's starboard side landing, both taken in August 2022. This would be fine as it is a different phase of flight and angle. Just a case of using your good sense and judging whether or not the images look the "same".

2) Same registration but different airports is fine regardless of composition. Doesn't matter how much time has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjake View Post
      How much time is allowed between uploading the same registration when.....?

1) I've caught the same registration at the same airport (example: I attend a fly-in at "airport A" in Aug 2022 and upload, then attend a fly-in May 2022 at same "airport A" and catch the same registration)

-and-

2) I've caught the same registration at a different airport (example: I attend a fly-in at "airport A" in Aug 2022 and upload, then attend a fly-in May 2022 at "airport B" and catch the same registration)

Thanks
      Chris
      Assuming we're talking about images that would otherwise be considered similar, there might be some leniency if there is 5+ years difference between them - but there is nothing specific in the guidelines.

Comment

In my experience timing honestly doesn't matter, Ive had a handful of sets of photos of the same reg at the same airport on the same day accepted, as long as theyre different enough. For example, one sky shot and a ground shot, or one shot of each side of an A/C.

Examples
        HB-IVJ. Gulfstream G650. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HB-IVJ. Gulfstream G650. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Extremely late departure to Singapore (SIN) as SIA0031. 9V-SMP. Airbus A350-941. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10556176

Comment

Originally posted by A7-BAJ View Post
          In my experience timing honestly doesn't matter, Ive had a handful of sets of photos of the same reg at the same airport on the same day accepted, as long as theyre different enough. For example, one sky shot and a ground shot, or one shot of each side of an A/C.

Examples

Extremely late departure to Singapore (SIN) as SIA0031. 9V-SMP. Airbus A350-941. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10556176
          It does matter, as these images would never have been considered similar.

Perhaps you can refresh your knowledge about how images are judged as similar or not

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...S-New-version=

2.6 Similar

Comment

Working...
          X