Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Help by Howard Wang

Hello everyone,

One of my photos was rejected yesterday. It is a Boeing 787-9 of Egypt Air rejected for Bad Motive.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I received the email when I was spotting. There was a group of Jetphotos users, they said this rejection could not be more ridiculous. I tried to appeal, and I waited for the response for over a whole day. But the response said, I am suspicious of sharing that photo to multiple accounts. The truth is I DID NOT do that! Therefore, I turned to here for help.

I still remember there were around 10 spotters at the same spot on that day including me. However, only one spotter’s SU-GEV photo has been accepted. It’s so obvious that the processing styles of the accepted one and rejected one are so different. How could it be suspected to be “sharing photo” or “double accounts”?! If several spotters spotting planes at the same location, uploading photos with a similar angle, why isn’t there a rejection reason called “You uploaded a picture that is very similar to someone else's photo.” So that screeners can reject all other photos similar to the first uploader’s picture, right?

If that's not the case, why reject my photo?

This really confused me. I read the guideline carefully, no identifiable license plates or faces are shown here, and I did not manipulate original information, or photoshop anything except dusts. 19 photos were uploaded after I came home from PEK, only this one was rejected. I hope someone can explain this rejection to me so that I can learn about it and avoid making similar mistakes again next time.

Best regards,
    Howard Wang
    Attached Files

Originally posted by WCH View Post
    Hello everyone,

One of my photos was rejected yesterday. It is a Boeing 787-9 of Egypt Air rejected for Bad Motive.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I received the email when I was spotting. There was a group of Jetphotos users, they said this rejection could not be more ridiculous. I tried to appeal, and I waited for the response for over a whole day. But the response said, I am suspicious of sharing that photo to multiple accounts. The truth is I DID NOT do that! Therefore, I turned to here for help.

I still remember there were around 10 spotters at the same spot on that day including me. However, only one spotter’s SU-GEV photo has been accepted. It’s so obvious that the processing styles of the accepted one and rejected one are so different. How could it be suspected to be “sharing photo” or “double accounts”?! If several spotters spotting planes at the same location, uploading photos with a similar angle, why isn’t there a rejection reason called “You uploaded a picture that is very similar to someone else's photo.” So that screeners can reject all other photos similar to the first uploader’s picture, right?

If that's not the case, why reject my photo?

This really confused me. I read the guideline carefully, no identifiable license plates or faces are shown here, and I did not manipulate original information, or photoshop anything except dusts. 19 photos were uploaded after I came home from PEK, only this one was rejected. I hope someone can explain this rejection to me so that I can learn about it and avoid making similar mistakes again next time.

Best regards,
    Howard Wang
    Probably because only in China would there be 10 spotters standing in the same spot getting the same exact image of an airplane and all try to upload it to the same site. Of course the images are going to look identical, no matter the camera.

Also there is a rejection reason called similar. It's in section 2.6 of the upload guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

Probably because only in China would there be 10 spotters standing in the same spot getting the same exact image of an airplane and all try to upload it to the same site. Of course the images are going to look identical, no matter the camera.

Also there is a rejection reason called similar. It's in section 2.6 of the upload guidelines.
      Thanks for your comment But let me tell you that today China has the largest population in the world followed by India, the United States, Indonesia and Pakistan. Meanwhile, China is the second-largest economy in the world. If you know how to use Google you definitely heard of these. Sorry Idk where you come from, but I'm sure you'll be surprised how many spotters are here.

Comment

Thanks for your comment But let me tell you that today China has the largest population in the world followed by India, the United States, Indonesia and Pakistan. Meanwhile, China is the second-largest economy in the world. If you know how to use Google you definitely heard of these. Sorry Idk where you come from, but I'm sure you'll be surprised how many spotters are here.
        Let's stay on topic here—why are you giving me these info? You had a question about a rejection and I gave you the section of the guideline where it can be found. Of course there are plenty of spotters in every country, but I only see this sort of cluster-spotting in China. As for your image, I think it would be a rejection for similar anyway if all 10 spotters uploaded their images.

To your other question: I'm from Shanghai. That's why I am familiar with the "10 spotters taking the same picture" because I literally only see it here. I'm sure we all know how to use google, the question is: Are we allowed to? With that said we have gone off topic again, I would say just be mindful of a lot of similar images if you are spotting with a lot of friends at the same location. No need to upload them all!

Comment

Nope… similar has nothing to do here… I’m not sure what JP standards are today, but afaik, similar only happens to one photographer with multi pics of the same aircraft with similar/same background or such, not multiple photographers with one aircraft and same angle & background.

if similar was what you said, I bet a lot of people would bring their laptops when spotting, and I have seen this many times before… and I used to be one of those ‍

Comment

Let's stay on topic here—why are you giving me these info? You had a question about a rejection and I gave you the section of the guideline where it can be found. Of course there are plenty of spotters in every country, but I only see this sort of cluster-spotting in China. As for your image, I think it would be a rejection for similar anyway if all 10 spotters uploaded their images.

To your other question: I'm from Shanghai. That's why I am familiar with the "10 spotters taking the same picture" because I literally only see it here. I'm sure we all know how to use google, the question is: Are we allowed to? With that said we have gone off topic again, I would say just be mindful of a lot of similar images if you are spotting with a lot of friends at the same location. No need to upload them all!
            I'm staying right on the topic. I'm the topic starter and I'm answering your post.

1)my photo was rejected for "bad motive", not "similar", please read my first post carefully;
            2)the question is not about using Google. As you mentioned earlier, "Let's stay on topic here";
            3)I agree that "No need to upload them all!", but this post is not for arguing how many pics I upload or what to upload LOL.

Comment

I'm staying right on the topic. I'm the topic starter and I'm answering your post.

1)my photo was rejected for "bad motive", not "similar", please read my first post carefully;
              2)the question is not about using Google. As you mentioned earlier, "Let's stay on topic here";
              3)I agree that "No need to upload them all!", but this post is not for arguing how many pics I upload or what to upload LOL.
              Screener thought you were sharing the image to several accounts (I know you were not doing that) because the images look too similar, and I'm absolutely with them. The one that got accepted was likely the first one uploaded, and so he got it, I thought this was very straightforward. I know you went out there on a scorching day to take that picture, and you would really like it to be in the database, but... let it go?

It's still your image, you can still be proud of it. Post it somewhere else, on qq or something. There are no screeners there. It was never that serious man

Comment

I thought Google was banned in China. Did they lift the restrictions??

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

I thought Google was banned in China. Did they lift the restrictions??
                  No. Should've said baidu instead lol. Wait...

Comment

So getting back on topic
                    This account

View photos by {photographer}. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is uploading photos taken with the same camera as you so pls explain.

“The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                      So getting back on topic
                      This account

View photos by {photographer}. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I‘m pretty sure that's him as well because it has the same username as his instagram. But I don't know why he needs two accounts. In case one is banned?

Comment

Why is there always trouble with spotters and accounts from that part of the world ??

Comment

Originally posted by fleckenmann View Post
                          Why is there always trouble with spotters and accounts from that part of the world ??
                          Some of them can't handle spotting properly and the spotting culture is off to say the least. The root of most of these problems is treating jetphotos like a shrine of some sort. Like they'll do anything to get pictures in. Most of those issues stem from this, like photo-sharing, multiple accounts and so on.

Bear in mind this is only SOME people though.

Comment

I‘m pretty sure that's him as well because it has the same username as his instagram. But I don't know why he needs two accounts. In case one is banned?
                            Hey, Yehe Nara is our Manchu family name, Wang is just my name used on ID. Why two brothers from the same family are required to have different surnames?

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                              So getting back on topic
                              This account

Hello,

Actually I have been suspected for having double accounts for a long time. Simon found me previously and I explained to him clearly. As is shown in the screenshots below (not full context). Unfortunately, the name-changing function has been disabled before all of these happen, and I failed to change the name of my old account to my younger brother's, so lots of misunderstanding arose. BTW as for camera, and even other equipment, we always share the same set of equipment to spot, edit and upload. And I set parameters on the camera in advance (manual mode) and taught him how to spot planes and edit those photos.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X