Camera Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Recommendation

Hi all, I have been taking photos of aircraft on my phone for years now and would like to buy an actual camera and hopefully be able to upload them to JetPhotos after a bit of practice.

I have great knowledge in editing so that shouldn't be a problem, but I am wondering where I should start. I am willing to extend my budget to whatever it needs to be, but I would like to start on the cheaper side with a camera I could easily use.

Any questions I will be happy to answer! Thanks all.

I started off with Nikon D80 but the quality of the image is really off. Then I switched to Nikon D7500 which is a great starter camera. It’s not that expensive with a NIKKOR 18-200mm lens, and the quality is not bad to be honest. If you want to make videos, SONY will be better.

Well that’s my points of view. Also a lot of spotters recommend CANON eos series so maybe that’ll fit you.

But for better cost performance, I would say go for Nikon.

Regards

CARBONOX

Comment

Start with used gear and get better quality optics. $1000 of used gear can go a long ways these days. Any camera designed after 2010 will work great, but stay away from the basest models. A Canon 70-300L or Nikon 70-300 should serve you well.
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
      X