Clear All

• too much or too little contrast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1580.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	555.7 KB
ID:	1172793

HI
    I received rejection for plane not centered and too much or too little contrast.
    ok, on the centering I could also agree that perhaps (just maybe) it is a little low in the frame. What I don't understand is the contrast.
    I await your opinions​
    Attached Files

Histogram shows you the dark tones are underexposed while some of the whites are overexposed which means the contrast is really harsh.

Hope it helps
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Histogram shows you the dark tones are underexposed while some of the whites are overexposed which means the contrast is really harsh.

Hope it helps
      Alex
      Can you give an example of that? Some of us are lost with the histogram..

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

I have a similar problem. My most frequent rejection reason is Too much or too little contrast. I think I’m missing something and would be grateful if a screener could assist with the following queries:
          1. Do screeners make their contrast determination based solely on the histogram? If so, the full histogram or the RGB histogram?

2. Can the screeners advise a good web site for better understanding histogram interpretation?

3. The standard rejection reason is stated ambiguously as “Too much or too little contrast”. Assuming the screener has determined which alternative is the problem, why don’t screeners state whether it is Too much OR too little rather than leaving the photographer guessing which it is?​
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leocam; 2023-10-29, 04:40. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Leocam View Post
            I have a similar problem. My most frequent rejection reason is Too much or too little contrast. I think I’m missing something and would be grateful if a screener could assist with the following queries:
            1. Do screeners make their contrast determination based solely on the histogram? If so, the full histogram or the RGB histogram?

2. Can the screeners advise a good web site for better understanding histogram interpretation?

3. The standard rejection reason is stated ambiguously as “Too much or too little contrast”. Assuming the screener has determined which alternative is the problem, why don’t screeners state whether it is Too much OR too little rather than leaving the photographer guessing which it is?​

Hi,
            1) No. An histogram can be good but the photo still suffers from poor lighting due to poor weather.

Please read carefully : https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-or-too-little

2) here's a good video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGU1Kpl0sM

3) If you can't see/understand if it's too much or too little it means you really need to learn more about photography/editing. By doing that learning step, you'll improve your photography and acceptance ratio which is what we're aiming at.
            Also if we point at too much or too little contrast, most newbies would simply adjust the contrast on editing via the contrast tool which is exactly what should be avoided. Levels, exposure and curves are way better tools for that task.

Hope it helps
            Alex

Comment

On the PC-12 there you can see that the whites are overexposed which is killing the overall contrast. If you shoot RAW that's an easy fix via the exposure.

Regards
              Alex

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2023-10-29 à 08.23.02.png
Views:	251
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1172831

Comment

Thanks Alex, I'll work on that.

Comment

Working...
                X