About screening process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About screening process

I was thinking a long time before writing this, but sorry, I have to complain!
    What's wrong with the screening process? Like every time my photos are getting rejected and rejected and most of time the reasons are getting really out of logic. Things like "over/underexposed, too much or too little contrast, etc...". Like seriously? Are you seriously thinking someone will mention that a little less or more or exposure, contrast or crop of the 0.001mm of aircraft wing or other little things like that? You know better than me, that most of visitors of this website are just an avgeeks, photographers and aviation lovers who wants just to enjoy beautiful aviation photos, especially when it is shown on FR24. But your requirements and screening process is getting really out of logic most of time. Some people are uploading absolutely the same parameter photos and one is getting rejected and the other one is getting accepted or the same or even worse photo of another user is getting accepted and yours is rejected. I'm sure a lot of people here will agree with me that it's not so nice when you get time for spotting, finding the best spotting point, taking a photo of a rare plane, that probably will not visit your country again, especially in the countries like my, where the plane spotting is not legal (I personally got catched 2 times by police for this) , then you are editing that photos, making it ideal, and then some guy behind the monitor says "oh, it's 0.00001% underexposed, lets reject it!" Like it's not really serious, it more looks like lottery, if you are lucky, you will be accepted, if no, then what to do. Again you can tell me a things like all screeners are volunteers and they also can do mistakes etc. And that if I don't like something I can upload somwhere else, and yes, I'm uploading my photos not only on JetPhotos, and they are getting more likes and views in social medias than on JP, but I'm uploading here because I think this website is more professional and quality website, something like next level for me, but man, the screening is getting unnecessary strict, illogic and it's even not funny at all. Imagine that if professional photographers with 10x times more expensive lenses and photocameras are getting 30-40% rejected photos, then how do newbies and middle level photographers feel every time getting rejected, like how you, want people get more percentage and more quotas? You are killing all the motivation and people will move to another more loyal websites. Maybe this message will not change anything and I wasted my time into nothing by writing this, but it would be nice if one day JP requirements will get revised and less strict. Thanks.

Hello,

As I've explained here : https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...stops-you-stop

I do strongly believe rejections are probably the best way to improve our photography/editing. Let me explain why. By no ways I'm saying JP crews are better photographers but.... we do have a crew with a lot of experience. Some have screened hundreds of thousands of images. They all have a very high acceptance ratio which means they do have a really good knowledge of JP standarts, they have been on Jp for years and so on.... we really tried to select the best available people. So even after 20 years of uploading, I still get my share of rejections. And on 99% of the time, I realize that I had missed something, done something wrong and thanks to that rejection, I have probably learned something new. And yes, I really hope to keep learning and I do believe JP offers the right panel of people to help us all to become better photographers.
    I think that if people are willing to learn, we do also offer the right service via the forum. Dana and a few other crew have been doing a tremendous job trying to help the community. A big thank you to the uploaders when they are posting there with a positive attitude. One of my best friend, fellow JP photographers never posted in the forum but he always tells me that he reads everything and has learned a ton from there. And we're talking about a guy with 7000 pics in database and a 80% acceptance ratio..... It does take a bit of energy to post and read, but as JP crew is ready to make that effort, we really hope users could also do it
    So yes sometimes we don't immediately understand the reason for a rejection. After checking if screeners didn't leave a message (we try to do our best to leave messages but only to realize on appeals that a lot of people don't read them...), you might decide it was rejected for no objective reasons which I agree leads to frustration or... maybe you can try to post the rejection in the forum and by taking such a step, there's a really strong chance you might learn something, improve your photography, get less rejection and, help the community who has read your posts, again benefits for all.​

As explained above, please post example of your rejections, see how the screeners and community replies, and if you're willing to learn from those rejections, you'll quickly improve your acceptance ratio.

A few last points about your rant : I'm sure a lot of people here will agree with me that it's not so nice when you get time for spotting, finding the best spotting point, taking a photo of a rare plane, that probably will not visit your country again, especially in the countries like my, where the plane spotting is not legal (I personally got catched 2 times by police for this) , then you are editing that photos, making it ideal, and then some guy behind the monitor says "oh, it's 0.00001% underexposed, lets reject it!"​

You really need to understand that crew members have been through that, know about that and are just spotters like you. Getting arrested is nothing exceptional (happened 6 times to me) and if you're ready to understand that we are just like you, maybe you'll be ready to accept your rejections in a more positive way.

Sincerely

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Tigran View Post
      I was thinking a long time before writing this, but sorry, I have to complain!
      What's wrong with the screening process? Like every time my photos are getting rejected and rejected and most of time the reasons are getting really out of logic. Things like "over/underexposed, too much or too little contrast, etc...". Like seriously? Are you seriously thinking someone will mention that a little less or more or exposure, contrast or crop of the 0.001mm of aircraft wing or other little things like that? You know better than me, that most of visitors of this website are just an avgeeks, photographers and aviation lovers who wants just to enjoy beautiful aviation photos, especially when it is shown on FR24. But your requirements and screening process is getting really out of logic most of time. Some people are uploading absolutely the same parameter photos and one is getting rejected and the other one is getting accepted or the same or even worse photo of another user is getting accepted and yours is rejected. I'm sure a lot of people here will agree with me that it's not so nice when you get time for spotting, finding the best spotting point, taking a photo of a rare plane, that probably will not visit your country again, especially in the countries like my, where the plane spotting is not legal (I personally got catched 2 times by police for this) , then you are editing that photos, making it ideal, and then some guy behind the monitor says "oh, it's 0.00001% underexposed, lets reject it!" Like it's not really serious, it more looks like lottery, if you are lucky, you will be accepted, if no, then what to do. Again you can tell me a things like all screeners are volunteers and they also can do mistakes etc. And that if I don't like something I can upload somwhere else, and yes, I'm uploading my photos not only on JetPhotos, and they are getting more likes and views in social medias than on JP, but I'm uploading here because I think this website is more professional and quality website, something like next level for me, but man, the screening is getting unnecessary strict, illogic and it's even not funny at all. Imagine that if professional photographers with 10x times more expensive lenses and photocameras are getting 30-40% rejected photos, then how do newbies and middle level photographers feel every time getting rejected, like how you, want people get more percentage and more quotas? You are killing all the motivation and people will move to another more loyal websites. Maybe this message will not change anything and I wasted my time into nothing by writing this, but it would be nice if one day JP requirements will get revised and less strict. Thanks.
      i agree with you

Comment

As I've explained here : https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...stops-you-stop

I do strongly believe rejections are probably the best way to improve our photography/editing. Let me explain why. By no ways I'm saying JP crews are better photographers but.... we do have a crew with a lot of experience. Some have screened hundreds of thousands of images. They all have a very high acceptance ratio which means they do have a really good knowledge of JP standarts, they have been on Jp for years and so on.... we really tried to select the best available people. So even after 20 years of uploading, I still get my share of rejections. And on 99% of the time, I realize that I had missed something, done something wrong and thanks to that rejection, I have probably learned something new. And yes, I really hope to keep learning and I do believe JP offers the right panel of people to help us all to become better photographers.
        I think that if people are willing to learn, we do also offer the right service via the forum. Dana and a few other crew have been doing a tremendous job trying to help the community. A big thank you to the uploaders when they are posting there with a positive attitude. One of my best friend, fellow JP photographers never posted in the forum but he always tells me that he reads everything and has learned a ton from there. And we're talking about a guy with 7000 pics in database and a 80% acceptance ratio..... It does take a bit of energy to post and read, but as JP crew is ready to make that effort, we really hope users could also do it
        So yes sometimes we don't immediately understand the reason for a rejection. After checking if screeners didn't leave a message (we try to do our best to leave messages but only to realize on appeals that a lot of people don't read them...), you might decide it was rejected for no objective reasons which I agree leads to frustration or... maybe you can try to post the rejection in the forum and by taking such a step, there's a really strong chance you might learn something, improve your photography, get less rejection and, help the community who has read your posts, again benefits for all.​

As explained above, please post example of your rejections, see how the screeners and community replies, and if you're willing to learn from those rejections, you'll quickly improve your acceptance ratio.

A few last points about your rant : I'm sure a lot of people here will agree with me that it's not so nice when you get time for spotting, finding the best spotting point, taking a photo of a rare plane, that probably will not visit your country again, especially in the countries like my, where the plane spotting is not legal (I personally got catched 2 times by police for this) , then you are editing that photos, making it ideal, and then some guy behind the monitor says "oh, it's 0.00001% underexposed, lets reject it!"​

You really need to understand that crew members have been through that, know about that and are just spotters like you. Getting arrested is nothing exceptional (happened 6 times to me) and if you're ready to understand that we are just like you, maybe you'll be ready to accept your rejections in a more positive way.
        I agree with this opinion.   
        I also enjoy being rejected.  
        The shot you worked so hard to capture may be rejected.
        I also learned about the reasons for rejection.

Before you get too selfish, you should use the forums.
        Thanks a lot to Dana on the forum.

Highest standard aircraft photos published in FR24!  
        Screeners are doing a great job.   
        Let's cherish the feeling of gratitude!​

Comment

As Alex says, I think it would be nice if you discussed waste with the community. I did it a few days ago and I'm happy with it (but I do it regularly).
          That said, I don't understand why, if you're a regular JP user, you write your first forum post to express a complaint. I don't think this is constructive, first for you, and then for the community.
          As with many, it's frustrating at first to see what is certainly a beautiful photo rejected because it doesn't fit JP's parameters. Over time you learn this, you grow and you move beyond... Instagram or other social gadgets.​

Comment

Tigran,

I once thought exactly the same as you think now. Now I'm taking a photography class, and yes that little bit more or less contrast (for example) makes a difference.

I only have 1 photo accepted here, so I'm definitely not speaking because I think I'm better, I'm simply not! Jetphotos' servers are not endless, so they only want to accept the best. If you disagree with this, no one is forcing you to post here.

Instead of complaining about this, learn from the comments and try to raise the bar for yourself. And most important: enjoy while spotting aircrafts, otherwise it's a waste of time.​

Comment

Working...
            X