Deterioration of Image Quality after Upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deterioration of Image Quality after Upload

It has come to my attention after a jpeg compression rejection that the quality of certain images deteriorates significantly after upload. This is clearly observable in the equalized version of the image. Below are the "check for dust" of the same image at the upload menu and in queue. Click image for larger version

Name:	CFD-01.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	696.7 KB
ID:	1172958Click image for larger version

Name:	CFD-02.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	1172959
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351J3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	821.1 KB
ID:	1172960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351J4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	882.1 KB
ID:	1172961 The compression and color clustering effects are evident in the latter image. I would like to inquire what are the possible causes of this problem and how can it be resolved. Thank you.

Seems the color of image #3 is a bit off in the forum. Can't tell why, but the worse compression effects between image #3 and #4 should still be notable.

Comment

Some images get converted from jpeg to webp right after being accepted in database, and that ruins the quality. It's really annoying. Quite noticeable specially in night shots and pics with blue sky, just like your example. Color banding, compression artifacts and noise stand out a lot more. Really hope this issue can be fixed someday.
      My pictures: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/46959

Comment

Working...
      X