Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography flights over VCV and MHV?

Hi all,

Adminz I am unsure if this is the best forum to ask but it is related to photography....

Quick question for people who has done photography flights over VCV and MHV. Which flight operator would you recommend?

I have been told that there's a flight school called MidField aviation at Apple Valley airport however they have been unresponsive to both emails and DMs on Facebook.

Thanks all in advance
    ​​​​​​

I flew with Double Eagle out of Ryan Field over the boneyard at Davis Monathan in February .. they also fly up to Marana .. might be of help

Double Eagle Aviation – Double Eagle Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by boeingboy787 View Post
      Hi all,

Adminz I am unsure if this is the best forum to ask but it is related to photography....

Quick question for people who has done photography flights over VCV and MHV. Which flight operator would you recommend?

I have been told that there's a flight school called MidField aviation at Apple Valley airport however they have been unresponsive to both emails and DMs on Facebook.

Thanks all in advance
      ​​​​​​
      You would have to call MidField aviation... I am not sure if they do photo flights over MHV because of some incidents in summer last year, but VCV should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

You would have to call MidField aviation... I am not sure if they do photo flights over MHV because of some incidents in summer last year, but VCV should be fine
        Thank you for the heads up. I shall give Midfield a call.

What Happened at MHV?

Comment

Originally posted by boeingboy787 View Post

Thank you for the heads up. I shall give Midfield a call.

What Happened at MHV?
          Not at MHV but it happened en route. Since it’s restricted air space between VCV and MHV so you’d have to fly towards west first from VCV, then turn up north over Palmdale airport (PMD, it’s considered as a military airport now) towards MHV. Last summer, 2 Chinese nationals did VCV and MHV with midfield aviation. They asked the pilot to do a loop over PMD and they got some photos of some aircraft along with military property. Later that day they drove to PMD to catch something, and they went to somewhere they weren’t supposed to go so USAF security went check on them and found the pics they took of the base earlier in the air. A few days later some people from the USAF had a talk with the cfis at Midfield aviation and then those pilots from midfield aviation just don’t wanna do photo flights to MHV anymore after all

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

Not at MHV but it happened en route. Since it’s restricted air space between VCV and MHV so you’d have to fly towards west first from VCV, then turn up north over Palmdale airport (PMD, it’s considered as a military airport now) towards MHV. Last summer, 2 Chinese nationals did VCV and MHV with midfield aviation. They asked the pilot to do a loop over PMD and they got some photos of some aircraft along with military property. Later that day they drove to PMD to catch something, and they went to somewhere they weren’t supposed to go so USAF security went check on them and found the pics they took of the base earlier in the air. A few days later some people from the USAF had a talk with the cfis at Midfield aviation and then those pilots from midfield aviation just don’t wanna do photo flights to MHV anymore after all
            thanks for the response.

so at the end of November last year, I did get an email response from Midfield, and it was all good to do those flights subject to confirmation.

prior to looking at this post , I recently contacted them again via telephone and was informed that such flights are no longer possible due to risks.

as far as I know some were able to to fly only at VCV, so maybe I will pursue that avenue and not bother with MHV.

Comment

Working...
            X