Screening time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening time!!

I would like to address one topic, the time it takes to screen a picture. It has come to my attention that it takes a huge amount of time for me and many others and I cannot get one photo uploaded because it takes so long. So someone explain to me why it takes forever, It takes me weeks to get a good photo and later it takes another 3 weeks to get my photo rejected or accepted, I have tried to upload a couple of photos now and each took at least 3 weeks to upload, this website is a huge time waster if it takes weeks to upload a photo. And there are some people who get a photo uploaded the second they send it to screening, why do they get to skip the que and most of us don’t. And nobody tell me its because its a special plane because I do not care. We all should have an equal amount of time in quue and not all different times as it is unfair!!

Originally posted by Steve McQueen View Post
    I would like to address one topic, the time it takes to screen a picture. It has come to my attention that it takes a huge amount of time for me and many others and I cannot get one photo uploaded because it takes so long. So someone explain to me why it takes forever
    Simple, we (screening crew) are not paid for our work. Since we are volunteering our free time, we do what we can, when we can, but it obviously has not been enough recently to keep up with demand.

I have tried to upload a couple of photos now and each took at least 3 weeks to upload, this website is a huge time waster if it takes weeks to upload a photo.
    You have multiple other options if you would like to display your photos somewhere. Instagram is a popular option.

And there are some people who get a photo uploaded the second they send it to screening, why do they get to skip the que and most of us don’t. And nobody tell me its because its a special plane because I do not care. We all should have an equal amount of time in quue and not all different times as it is unfair!!
    We have a system where certain photos deemed 'hot' are give priority, but given your attitude, I don't think it would be worth the time to try and explain it more.

Comment

I would like to address one topic, the time it takes to screen a picture. It has come to my attention that it takes a huge amount of time for me and many others and I cannot get one photo uploaded because it takes so long. So someone explain to me why it takes forever, It takes me weeks to get a good photo and later it takes another 3 weeks to get my photo rejected or accepted, I have tried to upload a couple of photos now and each took at least 3 weeks to upload, this website is a huge time waster if it takes weeks to upload a photo. And there are some people who get a photo uploaded the second they send it to screening, why do they get to skip the que and most of us don’t. And nobody tell me its because its a special plane because I do not care. We all should have an equal amount of time in quue and not all different times as it is unfair!!
      Please, before you complain about how "unfair" it is, go check the upload guidelines, especially the hot photos section. JetPhotos (in collaboration with Flightradar24) is meant to be the biggest, most up-to-date aviation database there is. This means that any aviation-related info update would be at the top of the priority list. Photos showing new aircraft, updates to the registration/livery/aesthetics, new airports, aviation-related incidents (non-fatal only), and similar scenarios would therefore be considered "hot" and worthy of priority screening. Not just any "special plane". If you took a photo of acceptable quality, matching hot requirements, there's no reason why you can't submit it as hot and get same-day screening.
      As for screening times...There have been countless posts regarding this issue, and site admins, screeners and members alike have painstakingly explained why it is the case. So, if you'd like an explanation, I'd recommend checking them out first before bringing it up once again.

Comment

Screening times are something complex, but simple enough for the average person to understand. There are a bit less than 40 screeners for about 29.000 photos, also they are volunteers, and all of them have another job because they volunteer, so 8 hours of job + 8 hours of sleep are 16 hours, but most of them need to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, so 2 hours more of their day in the best
        case, also another activities (showering, washing dishes, driving to work) so that are 2,5 hours more on their day, that leaves 3,5 hours of their day to screen photos, BUT some take 5 minutes to fully screen, and some take less, BUT they also have to help in the forums, and they will not spend every single day screening, they have to go to weddings or other things, so the screening team is doing their best, after all, they have to screen AT LEAST 1000 photos, which is a lot for 1 person.

Also, more people are trying to upload to JP, so even with the queue slot system, the number of photos in queue will forever grow unless more screeners joint the team or the system gets even better.

If you have problems uploading, upload the best photos you have, and the others you can upload to instagram.

And that is why i dont understand why people complain about screening times when they could be editing or taking photos, as the screening time is completely normal if 30.000 photos are uploaded but about 20 people are screening.
        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Working...
        X