Two standard to same type of photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two standard to same type of photo

One of my recent upload photo was rejected by dark. But, in my process of browsing the web, I found many other photos look like darker than mine.
    Here is some link https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11163446, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11163110, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11165985, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11165983. Limited by space, I cant list to much here. The fuselage of Qants 787 is obviously very dark. These photos make me think the brightness of my photo could be accepted. That's why I dont delete my photo from my queue. I want to know the minimum standard of night shot, but not guess screener's mind. Here is my rejected photo link:https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11446920. I make the post because not receive administrator's rely email more than 24 hours.
    Sincerely. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4061-已增强-降噪.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	1176268

You often can't find any logic behind the rejections, but hey, what can you do? Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbardier View Post
      One of my recent upload photo was rejected by dark. But, in my process of browsing the web, I found many other photos look like darker than mine.
      Here is some link https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11163446, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11163110, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11165985, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11165983. Limited by space, I cant list to much here. The fuselage of Qants 787 is obviously very dark. These photos make me think the brightness of my photo could be accepted. That's why I dont delete my photo from my queue. I want to know the minimum standard of night shot, but not guess screener's mind. Here is my rejected photo link:https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11446920. I make the post because not receive administrator's rely email more than 24 hours.
      Sincerely. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4061-已增强-降噪.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	1176268
      Hi

Appeal was rejected (you said you didn't receive an email back).

Picture is indeed too dark to be acceptable, and it is never a good idea to argue with other pics which are already online...

Kind regards and happy christmas.

ML.

Comment

Originally posted by matteolamberts View Post

Hi

Appeal was rejected (you said you didn't receive an email back).

Picture is indeed too dark to be acceptable, and it is never a good idea to argue with other pics which are already online...

Kind regards and happy christmas.

ML.
        Hello,
        I write an email in ‘contact’ and have no reply.
        Other photo online can also be a standard, all right? You don’t have detailed explain in guideline, so users can only find accepted photos to judges if one photo could be accepted. I don’t argue with other pictures online, but with no clear standard, pass photo likes to buy lottery.

Comment

The good old excuse… “ if this was accepted, mine should also be accepted”….

so yes out of the millions of photos you will find some that were wrongly accepted. Even if we would only make one mistake out of 1000
          , that is still a few thousands accepted “by mistake” but…

- it’s not a reason to do that mistake again
          - you don’t get to see the rejections, so it means you don’t see the thousands of similar photos that were correctly rejected, just like yours. Instead of pointing to a few borderline images, just look at all the thousands of correctly exposed accepted images and try to learn from your mistake instead of blaming others for what is here a clearly underexposed photo

regards
          Alex

Comment

Hello,
            I write an email in ‘contact’ and have no reply
            Just a reminder. If a photo was rejected on appeal that’s the end of the screening process and we just can’t spend more time on this image (also it does have a strong effect on the queue as the extra time used for an image is time we don’t spend screening others people photo) so no need for an email

Regards
            Alex

PS : you seem to complain that you didn’t get a reply but sending an email on the Christmas weekend and excepting an immediate reply is maybe a bit too much….

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
              The good old excuse… “ if this was accepted, mine should also be accepted”….

so yes out of the millions of photos you will find some that were wrongly accepted. Even if we would only make one mistake out of 1000
              , that is still a few thousands accepted “by mistake” but…

- it’s not a reason to do that mistake again
              - you don’t get to see the rejections, so it means you don’t see the thousands of similar photos that were correctly rejected, just like yours. Instead of pointing to a few borderline images, just look at all the thousands of correctly exposed accepted images and try to learn from your mistake instead of blaming others for what is here a clearly underexposed photo

regards
              Alex
              1.When more and more photos be queried by users, Screeners should also self reflect not explained as 'human make mistakes' everytime.
              2.As a ordinary users, we dont know which of the accepted images in J's gallery are high standard and which are borderline images, If you have a bunch of photos on the website that have been accepted by mistake, then twitter as a way of publicity, the photos above must be manually filtered, then why the photos that seem to be less exposed at a glance can be pushed on. Here me list some cases:https://x.com/jetphotos/status/17373...007583586?s=46. Can I regard as you will show 'wrongly accepted' on your official twitter account.
              3.I'm all for building a high standard gallery, but the consciousness of advocating high standards and strict requirements is not standard varies between different photographers, please unify the standards.

regards

Comment

Just a reminder. If a photo was rejected on appeal that’s the end of the screening process and we just can’t spend more time on this image (also it does have a strong effect on the queue as the extra time used for an image is time we don’t spend screening others people photo) so no need for an email

Regards
                Alex

PS : you seem to complain that you didn’t get a reply but sending an email on the Christmas weekend and excepting an immediate reply is maybe a bit too much….
                Sorry, this is my problem forgetting that some countries have Christmas holidays.

Comment

1.When more and more photos be queried by users, Screeners should also self reflect not explained as 'human make mistakes' everytime.
                  2.As a ordinary users, we dont know which of the accepted images in J's gallery are high standard and which are borderline images, If you have a bunch of photos on the website that have been accepted by mistake, then twitter as a way of publicity, the photos above must be manually filtered, then why the photos that seem to be less exposed at a glance can be pushed on. Here me list some cases:https://x.com/jetphotos/status/17373...007583586?s=46. Can I regard as you will show 'wrongly accepted' on your official twitter account.
                  3.I'm all for building a high standard gallery, but the consciousness of advocating high standards and strict requirements is not standard varies between different photographers, please unify the standards.

regards
                  Again, please re read my message, it's all about statistics.

Even if we only make 1 error out out 1000, which would be fantastic, that still means we have a few thousands (more than 20000) wrongly accepted images. Using such image to get your correctly rejected photo in is just not going to work.
                  And yes I agree that it would be fantastic to have a 100% accurate image but that's just not possible. And no those are not excuses, those are just facts.

Please learn from your rejection, improve the image (which should take only a tiny portion of all the time spent discussing it) and reupload it

Regards
                  Alex

Comment

Again, please re read my message, it's all about statistics.

Even if we only make 1 error out out 1000, which would be fantastic, that still means we have a few thousands (more than 20000) wrongly accepted images. Using such image to get your correctly rejected photo in is just not going to work.
                    And yes I agree that it would be fantastic to have a 100% accurate image but that's just not possible. And no those are not excuses, those are just facts.

Please learn from your rejection, improve the image (which should take only a tiny portion of all the time spent discussing it) and reupload it

Regards
                    Alex
                    Yes, you said your group will make some mistakes, but two consecutive tweets with same very dark photos? I think users can regard this as high quality photos. Or please admit photos on your twitter is low quality. I think a regular official twitter account will show high quality, am I right? So follow the high quality photo you show on your twitter, whats wrong with me? To think why my photo is even brighter than you show on twitter, but be regarded as too dark.

Comment

I choose some photos post on official twi. As a user, I will enjoy these photos, and not regard them as 'wrongly accepted' photos. You told me to look at correctly exposed accepted images. I am only a hobbyist, I cant believe photos show on your twi is 'wrongly accepted'. Photos on twi make me think this is standard of correct exposure. It's your group's duty to select high quality photos on twi, and not show some low quality photos as you said and misguide users. It's your group's mistake make me to wait 24d in queue and be rejected, than I need more 14d to unlock the block. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8519.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1176396

Comment

We want to talk about the thousands of photos that many East Asian users upload to Jetphotos and taken with poor quality cell phones and which only contribute to endlessly lengthening the queues, forcing the crew to do a lot of work to the detriment of those who upload high quality photos quality, maybe also taken with a smartphone?
                        Try to be less argumentative, Alex kindly tells you. You are not obliged to stay here, feel free to post your photos on all social networks, but JP (as well as other similar portals), are for quality photos. There are over 5 million photos here and no screener is perfect and can maintain the same level of focus when dealing with hundreds of thousands of shots that are just plain awful but get uploaded anyway. Greetings​

Comment

Working...
                        X