Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon Z7ii vs Sony A7 IV

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my current setup in the next 6 months but torn between the Nikon Z7ii and the Sony A7 IV. I want a full frame mirrorless that can film 4K60. Decent image stabilisation is somewhat important as well and ideally an upgrade to my current 24MP mirrorless. Both cameras tick all the boxes but the Nikon is more expensive. Does anyone have any experience with one or both cameras and can comment on both the photo and video experience with them? Also I should mention, I will be using the camera mainly for planespotting and airshows, including video and photo.

Thanks

I am a recent user of the Z7 II. I do not shoot video, only photo, but the quality of the images, particularly with the 45.7MP. So much more detail available. It does take a little getting used to, particularly the electronic view finder and the refresh rate but overall, the best camera I have had by far.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
      I am a recent user of the Z7 II. I do not shoot video, only photo, but the quality of the images, particularly with the 45.7MP. So much more detail available. It does take a little getting used to, particularly the electronic view finder and the refresh rate but overall, the best camera I have had by far.
      Thanks for your response, I use the EVF on my canon M50 so if it's the same or better then I'd be happy with that. Are any of your recent photos with the Z7 II? I'm wondering how much difference in terms of IQ there would be between the Sony's 33MP sensor vs the Nikons 45.7MP.

Comment

These are with the Z7:

N629JB. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N706JB. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N716FR. Airbus A321-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N350FR. Airbus A320-251N. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N8710M. Boeing 737-8 MAX. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
          So much more detail available.
          I was thinking about a FX Nikon as well, but so far I'm not convinced concerning more details. Pixel density is lower on a FX cam and I assume that I can't use the main advantages of a FX cameras;

Copy & paste:

Noise is related to the sensitivity of a camera sensor. Because larger sensors have more real estate, they can have larger size pixels, or a lower pixel density. Larger pixels allow more photons to be collected for each picture. More photons mean more information. In low light situations, when using higher ISO (high sensitivity), larger pixel sizes yield images with less noise. Although noise can be considered pleasing with certain effects, typically noise is not desirable, as it takes away from the image detail. Less noise will be present in the FX sensor than the DX. To read more on noise and how it affects an image, read more about sensor sensitivity.

Any further insights would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X