Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today’s most popular, or the competition for the top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today’s most popular, or the competition for the top?

For days I have been seeing the daily top, that became a competition, the top is won by the one who spams the most links, the one who has the most followers on their social networks, it is no longer a top by photographic merit, normal and ordinary photos at the top, removing the possibility of seeing very good photos, I hope the administration can do something or remove that section, we no longer appreciate beautiful photos in that top, only the photos of the competitors.

In my opinion, an enlargement of the "screeners choice" to a dozen of "photos of the day" would be much more interesting...

Comment

HI.
      I don't know how important being at the TOP could be just because maybe the links get spammed. However, if a photo is worthy and beautiful, it will be appreciated by those who are truly competent.
      Here it's not a competition, it's fun and everyone has fun as they see fit.​
      IMHO

Comment

Just one example of this, i see that he always posts the jp links on his facebook so thats how he manages to get to the top section, what a coincidence its always "boring (for me)" a321s
        Attached Files

Comment

Certainly a new trend…

Comment

Usually todays most popular are either newly posted screeners choice photos, outstanding photos, first registrations of a airliner/big plane, interesting photos (angles, new route) or photos that have been sppamed on social media. Still, sometimes it is confusing if the photo has been spammed on social or if it really was the most popular.
            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
            ——————————————————————————

Comment

This is pretty sad to se actually, I was pretty sure my newest photo would be one of the most popular today, I mean it got quite a bit of likes but didn't magnage to get the viewes as i had hoped for sadly. The photos that are most popular is nowadays mostly random non special photos...

I know we just said that we shouldnt spread links but if you guys want to get an understanding of what I thought would be suitable photo for being todays most popular, here is a link (here)
              View my jetphotos profile here!

/Lovenir

Comment

Originally posted by Lovenir View Post
                This is pretty sad to se actually, I was pretty sure my newest photo would be one of the most popular today, I mean it got quite a bit of likes but didn't magnage to get the viewes as i had hoped for sadly. The photos that are most popular is nowadays mostly random non special photos...

I know we just said that we shouldnt spread links but if you guys want to get an understanding of what I thought would be suitable photo for being todays most popular, here is a link (here)
                A shame, i also thought it would make it, it is a very good shot.

Comment

Yea, very unfortunate… thanks though!

/Lovenir

Comment

Originally posted by Lovenir View Post

Well, it did end up at photo of the week, so… CONGRATS

Comment

Wow, I didn't even notice!

I'm so happy I couldn't even imagine that! I never thought I would get promoted like that, it is such an achievement for me! I only started plane spotting about a year ago and I already came so far!

/Lovenir

Comment

The situation for Today's most popular is actually crazy right now. There are 2 interesting photos and the other 2 are just random. The a320 is special because it is for some Russian hockey league and the a220 (BCS3) is special because it is JetBlue's latest a220 (BCS3) and I think the other 2 should be cool photos not just random spam.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	1184581

Comment

Well, the a320 is first reg, and most of the todays most popular photos are first regs of airliners. It could be spam, but since a a220 from jetblue is a rare sight, and first reg, that is how it made it to todays most popular.
                          ALSO: if a uninteresting image is in todays most popular, it doesent mean it was spammed.
                          the a321 is interesting, as it is from a rare airline.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                            Well, the a320 is first reg, and most of the todays most popular photos are first regs of airliners. It could be spam, but since a a220 from jetblue is a rare sight, and first reg, that is how it made it to todays most popular.
                            ALSO: if a uninteresting image is in todays most popular, it doesent mean it was spammed.
                            the a321 is interesting, as it is from a rare airline.
                            The JetBlue A220 most definitely was spammed, as are most of that user's uploads. I know because I'm in one of the FB groups where they get linked to the minute they're accepted and others have pointed them out within the local community. That's how all of their photos make the front page, with each being shared to as many as 26 different FB groups. A JetBlue A220 is not a rare sight and while first regs tend to get more views, there are dozens and dozens of more interesting new regs each day that never sniff the front page. On the other hand, I don't think there's any rule against spamming links, but let's not pretend there are legitimate reasons for every one of a user's uploads to reach the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair747 View Post

The JetBlue A220 most definitely was spammed, as are most of that user's uploads. I know because I'm in one of the FB groups where they get linked to the minute they're accepted and others have pointed them out within the local community. That's how all of their photos make the front page, with each being shared to as many as 26 different FB groups. A JetBlue A220 is not a rare sight and while first regs tend to get more views, there are dozens and dozens of more interesting new regs each day that never sniff the front page. On the other hand, I don't think there's any rule against spamming links, but let's not pretend there are legitimate reasons for every one of a user's uploads to reach the front page.
                              Its always Joshua Bully's photos at the top recently.....

Comment

Working...
                              X