New Camera Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera Suggestions

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a Camera to buy. I currently have a Panasonic Lumix FZ-82 but it doesn't satisfy me. Due to the very strong noise even at ISO 80 I am very limited, and any noise removal damages the quality, and sharpness. As a matter of fact most of my recent rejections have been due to Soft images (already very sharpened at post processing, but (as I think) deriving from the loss of detail because of the noise cancelling applied), and Compression Artifacts deriving for the same noise cancelling situation.
    My budget for the camera is 1000 euro, and an additional 500 for 2 lenses ( preferably one lens for shooting at short distances and one for shooting at medium/long distances. I prefer DSLR Canon and Nikon cameras, but I'm open minded towards mirrorless cameras and other camera making companies too. I'm thinking about getting them new, but, considering my budget don't mind if it's a second hand camera/lens. If you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

Used 90D, used 70-200 F4 L IS, 24-105 IS STM. Would probably altogether be around 1500 euro.

From MPB.com, a 90D used in excellent condition would be around 750 euro, and the lenses could be found in good to excellent condition for 350 and 250ish.

Comment

I use a 100-400mm lens, that focal length is great for planespotting. The Canon 7D mark ii is a great camera, it shoots 10fps and has fantastic autofocus, you can get one for 600 euro in like new condition at MPB.com. Sigma makes a great 100-400mm that costs 500 euro, but it isn't currently in stock at MPB.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Garcia View Post
        I use a 100-400mm lens, that focal length is great for planespotting. The Canon 7D mark ii is a great camera, it shoots 10fps and has fantastic autofocus, you can get one for 600 euro in like new condition at MPB.com. Sigma makes a great 100-400mm that costs 500 euro, but it isn't currently in stock at MPB.com.
        I use a Tamron 100-400 and it's super sharp. Only issue I have is that I have to shoot at close to 1/2000th to get good results. But once I figured that out, it's all good 😀

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

I use a Tamron 100-400 and it's super sharp. Only issue I have is that I have to shoot at close to 1/2000th to get good results. But once I figured that out, it's all good 😀
          Nice! Some of my shots were soft, but I was at 1/1000. Next time I will try 1/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Garcia View Post

Nice! Some of my shots were soft, but I was at 1/1000. Next time I will try 1/2000!
            In good light I have to shoot at 7.1 and ISO 250 or so to get 1/2000th to work but it does

Comment

Hello. As a Nikon user i would recommend you to check out second-handed cameras in adorama.com. As an advice i can represent two options depending on your needs. First one is mostly for day shots: Nikon D610 with Sigma 100-400 all brand new and you will still have a lot of money left. I use D610 myself and it is amazing for planespotting. Second option is amazing for nightshots: same Nikon D610 but with used E- grade Tamron 70-200 f/2.8. This setup will help you to do amazing nightshots with wide aperture of 2.8 (check used options to get with best packaging which might include accessories)

here are links:
              Sigma 100-400

Nikon D610

Tamron 70-200

Regards,
              Blueris.

Comment

Working...
              X