Hot photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot photos

Here is the list of photos that apply as hot 48 hours after the first photo is uploaded:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)

2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)

3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)

4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.

5. Photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to thoese)

In the following only the first image applies as hot
    ​1. A new delivery of an aircraft type that already exists in the fleet.

2. An existing aircraft in the fleet that is repainted in a new colour scheme.

3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft

4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe

That is the list of all the images that can be hot, right? Well, no:
    5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)
    The problem i have is that appart from the 2 already mentioned, what other photos are hot at screener discretion. Are accident photos hot? What about airports with no photos on the database? What ARE the things that are hotxphoto worthy according to the screeners.
    Also, are new regs given a bit more flexibility in queue as they are, well, new regs?
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

I agree with you about the first photo of the airport. I think it would be logical to make them hot. I have raised this issue, but the current rules of the site do not allow this.

Comment

Obviously, airports aren't the focus of this site, because in addition to no hot photos, there aren't any badges to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
        The problem i have is that apart from the 2 already mentioned, what other photos are hot at screener discretion. Are accident photos hot? What about airports with no photos on the database? What ARE the things that are hot photo worthy according to the screeners.
        Hi, Accident photos are hot because they may be used by FR24 to show the accident.

The first airport photo is not considered hot because FR24 doesn't have as high demand for them.

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
        Also, are new regs given a bit more flexibility in queue as they are, well, new regs?
        I would say that new regs have a little more flexibility because they provide FR24 with a photo when there was wasn't one before, but I wouldn't say they get much extra flexibility

Comment

And what other newsworthy events are considered hot?

Comment

Hot photos are one of the main reason for a slow queue and people trying to abuse the system by finding every possible reason to jump the queue is unfortunately a real issue.

local events like first flight to a certain airport would only cause more abuse with little ways and a lot of time used by the crew to check. And local events like that are only newsworthy for a tiny part of our users so….

Accidents are only hot if they were no victims in the planes shown. Oh and btw, you know what happens when a plane crashes, with people getting killed ? The news just pops up and immediately people are trying to upload their shot of that plane that crash as hot. Not of the accident, just shot of the same aircraft in order to get tons of views…. That people got killed is not their problem…. Jumping the queue and getting views is more important for them

And why would airport photos be hot ??? I doubt it will move much and change during the 9 days of waiting in the queue……

and to get back to newsworthy events outside of the list, those accepted as screeners discretion, they are extremely rare cases, only a couple of times a year or so….

And about more flexibility about news regs it all depends of the reg. If we’re talking about a new reg, in an obscure town in Laos, we might never get another shot of that aircraft so we might be more flexible. If it’s the latest 320 out of Toulouse, we just have to wait a few hours, days to get another better image so indeed less flexibility will be applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
              Hot photos are one of the main reason for a slow queue and people trying to abuse the system by finding every possible reason to jump the queue is unfortunately a real issue.

local events like first flight to a certain airport would only cause more abuse with little ways and a lot of time used by the crew to check. And local events like that are only newsworthy for a tiny part of our users so….

Accidents are only hot if they were no victims in the planes shown. Oh and btw, you know what happens when a plane crashes, with people getting killed ? The news just pops up and immediately people are trying to upload their shot of that plane that crash as hot. Not of the accident, just shot of the same aircraft in order to get tons of views…. That people got killed is not their problem…. Jumping the queue and getting views is more important for them

And why would airport photos be hot ??? I doubt it will move much and change during the 9 days of waiting in the queue……

and to get back to newsworthy events outside of the list, those accepted as screeners discretion, they are extremely rare cases, only a couple of times a year or so….

And about more flexibility about news regs it all depends of the reg. If we’re talking about a new reg, in an obscure town in Laos, we might never get another shot of that aircraft so we might be more flexible. If it’s the latest 320 out of Toulouse, we just have to wait a few hours, days to get another better image so indeed less flexibility will be applied.

Ok, thanks for helping me understand. I just wanted to know because it is usefull to know what is hot and what is not, to prevent further queue delays. And i dont think
              it is moral for people to rush to an accident site and inmediatly post hot photos of it. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X