Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-camera sharpening setting

Hi All,

I will be getting my first DSLR in a few weeks, but i've got a question about in-camera sharpening.
    My camera will have a sharpness setting from -2,-1,0,+1,+2, so i wonder what you guys normally use?. I would think either 0 or +1 if you want to sharpen images in photoshop.

Regards,

Rob

Always 0. Let the camera take an image that is as "pure" as possible, you can sharpen and edit in photoshop.

-Clovis

Comment

I always have my camera sharpness set to 'normal' for aviation photography. I've found that the images can be too sharp otherwise. I've tried various sharpness settings for static shots but have found that it is more flexible having the camera on normal and sharpeneing them in photoshop or whatever software you use. If the images are too sharp to begin with, its difficult to adjust them in post processing without getting jaggies etc.

Darren
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Let the camera take the pictures, the computer to do the processing

As Clovis says 0 is the way to go.

Jid

Comment

I have mine set to -2 and I do all the sharpening in photoshop.

Comment

I leave my camera on 0 sharpening and just do the sharpening work in Paint Shop Pro.
            http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Avoid ANY sharpening in the camera. Set sharpening to -2 in your case. Listen to uncle Jid :
              Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

uncle Jid
                !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                  Avoid ANY sharpening in the camera. Set sharpening to -2 in your case. Listen to uncle Jid :
                  Gerardo
                  Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I will start at 0 and trial -1 and -2 to see what works best.
                  Can't wait!

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X